Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

BDKog88.jpg

Found this nice Queen serpentine jack today at an antique shop.
Very nice! :cool::thumbsup:

Tom and Rick, I see that you carried on quite well without me! Congrats on the nice pickups.
Thanks, Jeff. Hope you are able to make it next year.

It was a good time as always but once I got to the show I got what I wanted, looked around a little and headed back home. By the way, Denny's is permanently closed.

To add some knife content, that Canoe I bought compliments my Ray Cover Wharncliffe nicely.
IMG_5243.JPG

:):thumbsup:

how big is that?

Its 4 inches closed, its the same frame as my #9 stockman. Its pretty good overall, nice walk'n'talk especially after cleaning and oiling. Only real drawback from our modern collecting point of view is sunken springs when open. But when this knife was built I don't think many people considered that a "defect",they're flush closed however.

Nice hauls, Tom! That Remington is amazing!

I spent my limited funds all in one place on this Ray Cover Canoe. Those aren't gaps around the covers. Ray uses a black fiberglass reinforced material for the spacers.
View attachment 1271933 View attachment 1271934 View attachment 1271935 View attachment 1271936

Oh yeah, and my wife bought me this brownie when I wasn't looking.
View attachment 1271937
View attachment 1271959

That’s one amazing canoe. Really clean lines and wowza! stag

Just in off the exchange, a new take on the old saddlehorn pattern (at least to my eye!), the Fantoni Dweller in 9c27 stainless and cocobolo.

bg1dBNN.jpg

Really like that one Jeff:cool: Just the right mix Ancient&Modern and having a Copperhead style bolster hiding that tang is useful:thumbsup: Could be a looker in Micarta too, what's the closed length please & any idea of weight?

Thanks, Will

This arrived in 7 days right from the USA. Absolutely all over this pattern, it carries so well, faultless build quality and fancy the dark almost purple colour. Well done the workers at GEC :cool: Notice the domed pins, nice, no sink-holes here :D

uZ7fkkm.jpg
I agree. Outstanding build on this one. Had mine for a week and it is a constant companion. Now, when in drop my 86 in my pocket I ask “why”?

I made it to St. Louis today for the Gateway show. The highlight for me was seeing one of Bob Cargill's barrel knives. What a beautiful work of art. The craftsmanship is stunning in person. It was worth the drive just for that. I had only ever seen pics on the internet. Really a treat :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

The gentleman that had it also had several very nice Cripple Creeks. He was playing out of my weight class price wise, but I liked seeing them. He had one that wasn't a Cripple Creek, but that Bob had made for him in 2016. Good to know Bob is still making a knife here and there.

I was very surprised that I didn't see a single GEC. I'm sure I missed a couple, but considering how many traditionals were there I would have thought there would be at least a few GEC's.

I didn't buy anything fancy. Did sell a knife though. Here's what I bought. It was a Schrade kind of day:
knifeshowpile.JPG
Old Timer 33OT new in the box, 1984 Schrade Heritage 8341 stockman with bone handles, Schrade Heritage H834 with maroon Delrin and brass bolsters and a Buck 302.
It was my first knife show. Won't be my last.

I made it to St. Louis today for the Gateway show. The highlight for me was seeing one of Bob Cargill's barrel knives. What a beautiful work of art. The craftsmanship is stunning in person. It was worth the drive just for that. I had only ever seen pics on the internet. Really a treat :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

The gentleman that had it also had several very nice Cripple Creeks. He was playing out of my weight class price wise, but I liked seeing them. He had one that wasn't a Cripple Creek, but that Bob had made for him in 2016. Good to know Bob is still making a knife here and there.

I was very surprised that I didn't see a single GEC. I'm sure I missed a couple, but considering how many traditionals were there I would have thought there would be at least a few GEC's.

I didn't buy anything fancy. Did sell a knife though. Here's what I bought. It was a Schrade kind of day:
View attachment 1272803
Old Timer 33OT new in the box, 1984 Schrade Heritage 8341 stockman with bone handles, Schrade Heritage H834 with maroon Delrin and brass bolsters and a Buck 302.

Mike, it looks like you had a good day and picked up some nice Schrade knives. Since they more or less make up the bulk of my collection, that’d be the route I would’ve probably gone too.

View attachment 1272803
Glad you made it to the show, Mike. I was there yesterday and although I didn't know what it was called, I think I saw that barrel knife too. You came home with some nice knives!

Glad you made it to the show, Mike. I was there yesterday and although I didn't know what it was called, I think I saw that barrel knife too. You came home with some nice knives!
I didn't take any pics. Forgot my camera and my phone is a, um, flip phone :eek:
This pic is from the Cripple Creek thread here on BF. The one at the show looked just like this. I don't think Cargill made more than a handful of these, so it might be the same knife. Definitely not a pocket knife (unless one has really big pockets).
Cargill barrel knifeshrunk.jpg

Back