Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    A spear that vendor thinks is from Africa, a funny sort of knife, and some knife material.
    Sometimes I'm reminded of Oakshotte writing about a particular sword: "It lives in the hand, too. It positively woos one to strike". Like this spear.
    [​IMG]

A.S., Modoc ED, Spaten and 5 others like this.
  2. Jake Dudley

Jake Dudley Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 22, 2020
    Picked up this case barlow at the gun show today and since I was in Indy you know I had to grab some Popeye's!
    [​IMG]IMG_0408 by jacob dudley, on Flickr

3. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Picked up this new unused 1978 Case 3299 1/2 .
    Great fit'n'finish with no play and centered blades. Appears to have a minor crack at the pin but almost impossible to see in person, shows up more in the pic for some reason. Slight blemish in the delrin near the endcap, ah but that gives it character;) I have a 1994 one as well,interesting at the changes made in 16 years. The '94 is stainless and I don't see SS on the '78 so I'm thinking CV, I'll know if it develops patina. Sorry about the crappy pic, it was dark when I got home. :thumbsup:

mbkr, A.S., Modoc ED and 16 others like this.
  4. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

willard0341, A.S., solphilos and 11 others like this.
  5. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    One of Great Eastern Cutlery’s best patterns in my estimation. I’d have a couple but they are too strong for me to open reliably. Great knife!

JTB_5 likes this.
  6. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I agree. My initial impression of the first one I had was that it was expertly made, but a bit heavy and bulky for its size. I can still see where it is certainly bulkier and blockier than a 15, which is the same size, but I don't mind that little extra as much after all, and it is just a cool pattern, too.

7. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I would rate it 9 out of 10 for that run. You might find an individual knife that is an actual 10. I have a 97 that I believe is a 10, but of course that’s subjective. In terms of frequent carry the 44 is hard to beat. Let me know what you think of the pulls.

JTB_5 likes this.
  8. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    I like the pulls on this pattern. Strong 6 or 7 I’d say for both blades. There are some rough edges with the bone on this one, and the springs are a bit higher on the half-stop than most GECs I’ve owned but those are small nitpicks. I’d call it a 9/10.

9. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    This Buck Ridgeway 317 was certainly thoroughly packaged. According to an old thread in the Buck sub, these were made (in China) for the UK legal market. Ridgeway is an ancient track between the Chilterns and Wessex.
    [​IMG]

10. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Missed the reserve on the “Little Rattler” so I snagged this little beauty to soften the blow!
    592E7CB9-5F2A-4A4E-8A45-188D8688A807.jpeg

11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Alox Bantom... It's so thin and light!!!
    [​IMG]

12. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Picked up this 9-Dot (1971 manufacture) 4 5/8" Linerlock Sod Buster with black composite covers. The blade etch is long ago worn away. Still, the Linerlock is a nice feature. You'd think that with composite covers the knife would be light but it is a heavy knife.

[​IMG]

Prester John, Grump01, mbkr and 11 others like this.
  13. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    This arrived in the mail yesterday.

[​IMG]

14. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    One for the pocket and one to put up, Mudbug!
    617C4FF4-2693-4171-BA7E-F5101C592D6D.jpeg

mbkr, scrteened porch, Dschal and 9 others like this.
  15. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    My latest knife , that was delivered today , is another Arno Bernard Bush Baby Series Gecko small fixed blade . 5 & 1/2 inches long with a 2 & 3/4 blade . The handle covers are Wart Hog Tusk . The handle covers are much whiter than the Inside Pics show .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This photo with my other AB shows a more accurate color of the handle covers .
    [​IMG]

Harry

mbkr, Peregrin, Half/Stop and 15 others like this.
  16. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
  17. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Some knives just speak to me. I probably paid too much but I have always admired the M & G knives and had to have it. GEC got this one right.
    IMG_2701.JPG

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Bound to be a classic. :cool::thumbsup:

Old Engineer and SteveC like this.
  19. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Just arrived, made by Ashley at A. Wright & Son Sheffield and every bit as good as it looks, scales are oak which came from a local tree that a friend of his was working on a few years ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mbkr, Peregrin, Ace Rimmer and 15 others like this.
  20. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Nice one!

Tim.E likes this.