Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Yes, the “old barn chestnut”
I have two Canal Streets and one Canal Street made Ka-Bar in the chestnut. I think its pretty cool :cool:
Having it on a 15, and an actual GEC stainless no less....yeah, I'd probably pay too much too :p

I have two Canal Streets and one Canal Street made Ka-Bar in the chestnut. I think its pretty cool :cool:
Having it on a 15, and an actual GEC stainless no less....yeah, I'd probably pay too much too :p
Thanks! I love it. If I ever have to get rid of it. . .well let’s not think about that.

Case 1/2 whittler in today's mail. This is a nice one.:thumbsup::p.
1bERY25.jpg

oh6jAvl.jpg

View attachment 1443120 View attachment 1443121
A very cleverly made AG. Russell Box Car Jack. :)

Those are great knives and I agree. Very cleverly made is a great way to describe it.

One wouldn't know the knife comes apart if they didn't already know it. (if that makes any sense)
IMG_4411.JPG
IMG_4409.JPG
IMG_4412.JPG

That little curl on the cap lifter keeps the halves from separating so you can use the blade without fear of separation. The halves will only separate after the fork is opened. Brilliant!
IMG_4413.JPG

Last edited:
I just received this jigged goldenrod 44 buffalo jack... it is to be the stable-mate of the one that started my GEC knife family... the ebony buffalo jack....
These are wonderful knives. Great combination of blades, both pulls on the same side, very nicely balanced. One could do much worse than having this as their only knife.

8hnhcov.jpg
9EZy9GY.jpg

Those are great knives and I agree. Very cleverly made is a great way to describe it.

One wouldn't know the knife comes apart if they didn't already know it. (if that makes any sense)
View attachment 1443831
View attachment 1443832
View attachment 1443833

That little curl on the cap lifter keeps the halves from separating so you can use the blade without fear of separation. The halves will only separate after the fork is opened. Brilliant!
View attachment 1443844
I don't have a "Bug out bag" but if I did this would definitely have to be in it. What great concept.

Well, I got this Schrade Walden Stainless 825 today but the pile side cover was cracked in a couple of places. It was advertised as having no cracks. I have two options, I can send it back for a full refund or keep it and get a partial refund of my choosing. I could then have someone put some new covers on it. I like the option to keep it as it is a nice little knife.

Well, I got this Schrade Walden Stainless 825 today but the pile side cover was cracked in a couple of places. It was advertised as having no cracks. I have two options, I can send it back for a full refund or keep it and get a partial refund of my choosing. I could then have someone put some new covers on it. I like the option to keep it as it is a nice little knife.

https://i.imgur.com/qGfLLZK.jpg?1[/img]']
Personally? I'd keep it, and see about filling the cracks with superglue or thin epoxy.

I finally found a slightly used Case pen knife on the 'bay for a good price and grabbed it. I'm not sure what year it was made, as the tang stamp doesn't really match any on the list I have....any Case experts that can determine when it was made?

It's a great size, just about a short 1/8" longer than my 2020 CV half-whittler. I haven't measured it, but it appears to be about 5/8" longer than my recently acquired peanut.

Blades are in pretty nice shape, but look like they have been buffed off... no biggie to me, as it's not excessive.

Here 'tis...
9tMan9l.jpg
QzfIeoa.jpg

m1vbcDN.jpg
LLh5B37.jpg

Personally? I'd keep it, and see about filling the cracks with superglue or thin epoxy.

I finally found a slightly used Case pen knife on the 'bay for a good price and grabbed it. I'm not sure what year it was made, as the tang stamp doesn't really match any on the list I have....any Case experts that can determine when it was made?

It's a great size, just about a short 1/8" longer than my 2020 CV half-whittler. I haven't measured it, but it appears to be about 5/8" longer than my recently acquired peanut.

Blades are in pretty nice shape, but look like they have been buffed off... no biggie to me, as it's not excessive.

Here 'tis...
9tMan9l.jpg
QzfIeoa.jpg

m1vbcDN.jpg
LLh5B37.jpg
I believe that tang stamp was used from 1992 -1999 and yours is a 1995.

I believe that tang stamp was used from 1992 -1999 and yours is a 1995.
Ok... sounds about right. The blades are not stamped CV, but I'm pretty sure they are carbon... I'll test to see.

edit: what is odd is that the "S's" on mine are rounded, instead of the straight line S's (lightning bolt S's??) on this one. Were the shapes of the S's interchangeable?

Last edited:
Ok... sounds about right. The blades are not stamped CV, but I'm pretty sure they are carbon... I'll test to see.

edit: what is odd is that the "S's" on mine are rounded, instead of the straight line S's (lightning bolt S's??) on this one. Were the shapes of the S's interchangeable?
Yup, you're right. Don't know what I was thinking. The tang stamp charts I've got show the '92 to '99 with the lightening bolt "S". I think I recall that Case is using the lightening bolt for stainless and the normal "S" for carbon for the 2020-2029 tang stamp. I don't know if Case ever did that before, although it would be consistent with your blades being carbon. Seems like one of the tang stamp charts would have noted it though. I don't know. Huh.

Yup, you're right. Don't know what I was thinking. The tang stamp charts I've got show the '92 to '99 with the lightening bolt "S". I think I recall that Case is using the lightening bolt for stainless and the normal "S" for carbon for the 2020-2029 tang stamp. I don't know if Case ever did that before, although it would be consistent with your blades being carbon. Seems like one of the tang stamp charts would have noted it though. I don't know. Huh.
You're right, Mike although I don't know when Case actually started doing that either. I do know that they used the S in this same manner from 2000-2009. Here's a 2003 with a stainless blade and a lightning bolt S.
Lightning.jpg

And here's a 2007 with a CV blade and a regular S.
Lightning 2.jpg

Back