1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Yes, the “old barn chestnut”

2. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I have two Canal Streets and one Canal Street made Ka-Bar in the chestnut. I think its pretty cool :cool:
    Having it on a 15, and an actual GEC stainless no less....yeah, I'd probably pay too much too :p

3. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks! I love it. If I ever have to get rid of it. . .well let’s not think about that.

4. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Case 1/2 whittler in today's mail. This is a nice one.:thumbsup::p.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Those are great knives and I agree. Very cleverly made is a great way to describe it.

One wouldn't know the knife comes apart if they didn't already know it. (if that makes any sense)
    IMG_4411.JPG
    IMG_4409.JPG
    IMG_4412.JPG

That little curl on the cap lifter keeps the halves from separating so you can use the blade without fear of separation. The halves will only separate after the fork is opened. Brilliant!
    IMG_4413.JPG

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    colin.p, Dschal, Wurrwulf and 13 others like this.
  6. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I just received this jigged goldenrod 44 buffalo jack... it is to be the stable-mate of the one that started my GEC knife family... the ebony buffalo jack....
    These are wonderful knives. Great combination of blades, both pulls on the same side, very nicely balanced. One could do much worse than having this as their only knife.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Dschal, afishhunter, Quiet and 14 others like this.
  7. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    I don't have a "Bug out bag" but if I did this would definitely have to be in it. What great concept.

Railsplitter likes this.
  8. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    E4801569-C40D-45E6-B8E8-62FF8A521DB1.jpeg Just got this 82 GEC Stockman.
    I really love the blade selection on this one.

9. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Well, I got this Schrade Walden Stainless 825 today but the pile side cover was cracked in a couple of places. It was advertised as having no cracks. I have two options, I can send it back for a full refund or keep it and get a partial refund of my choosing. I could then have someone put some new covers on it. I like the option to keep it as it is a nice little knife.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    Personally? I'd keep it, and see about filling the cracks with superglue or thin epoxy.

I finally found a slightly used Case pen knife on the 'bay for a good price and grabbed it. I'm not sure what year it was made, as the tang stamp doesn't really match any on the list I have....any Case experts that can determine when it was made?

It's a great size, just about a short 1/8" longer than my 2020 CV half-whittler. I haven't measured it, but it appears to be about 5/8" longer than my recently acquired peanut.

Blades are in pretty nice shape, but look like they have been buffed off... no biggie to me, as it's not excessive.

Here 'tis...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    I believe that tang stamp was used from 1992 -1999 and yours is a 1995.

JohnDF and hornetguy like this.
  12. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Cutting blade and cap lifter...all you need!

13. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    Ok... sounds about right. The blades are not stamped CV, but I'm pretty sure they are carbon... I'll test to see.

edit: what is odd is that the "S's" on mine are rounded, instead of the straight line S's (lightning bolt S's??) on this one. Were the shapes of the S's interchangeable?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    They are great watch pocket knives. Small enough to stay hidden and big enough to be useful. :cool::thumbsup:

hornetguy likes this.
  15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The cool thing about the Bantam caplifter is it can also be used as a can opener... no need for an extra tool. :cool::thumbsup:

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  16. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that info :thumbsup:

17. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    I ended up keeping it. The seller gave me about half of my money back.

colin.p and hornetguy like this.
  18. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    Yup, you're right. Don't know what I was thinking. The tang stamp charts I've got show the '92 to '99 with the lightening bolt "S". I think I recall that Case is using the lightening bolt for stainless and the normal "S" for carbon for the 2020-2029 tang stamp. I don't know if Case ever did that before, although it would be consistent with your blades being carbon. Seems like one of the tang stamp charts would have noted it though. I don't know. Huh.

19. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    You're right, Mike although I don't know when Case actually started doing that either. I do know that they used the S in this same manner from 2000-2009. Here's a 2003 with a stainless blade and a lightning bolt S.
    Lightning.jpg

And here's a 2007 with a CV blade and a regular S.
    Lightning 2.jpg

20. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    Just in: Buck 112 EcoLite red plum paperstone and a small/medium Ka-Bar 1186 lock back. I don't know much about the Ka-Bar. Seems like a nice knife.
    eco ka bar 1.jpg

Dschal, Cutfinger, K33ncutter and 6 others like this.