Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I've been waiting a while for this one to show up, but it was worth the wait.
8Md38pH.jpg

A couple of firsts for me with this knife, Olivewood and Niolox steel. To me it is very attractive, and feels really good in my hand. Curious as to how the steel will hold up when I try to take the edge down to 30 degrees inclusive.

Great looking Lionsteel. They don’t seem to be as popular as the others but I think they look fantastic. I’ve always liked the looks of Navajas so I’ll eventually pick on of these up to cure the itch.

Great looking Lionsteel. They don’t seem to be as popular as the others but I think they look fantastic. I’ve always liked the looks of Navajas so I’ll eventually pick on of these up to cure the itch.

Thank you, much appreciated! That is exactly what this was for me as well, a chance to explore something close to a Navaja. My example is very well made, with excellent fit and finish. They have an extra strong back spring in the closed position (not in the half stop position), which seems like a nice safety feature.

Interesting knife, Tom, the Niolox should perform about like 440B or C; do you know the hardness of it?

Great info, thanks Jeff. I see it listed as 59-60 Rockwell, so my guess is that it won’t be too much of a bear to grind. I would also guess that once the edge is set it should respond well to stropping.

I was supposed to be done for the year after the 74, Indian River Jack, and forum knife, but I ended up on the auction site looking for a Schrade 5ot with carbon steel. Some stag (not even sure if it’s real) caught my attention instead and I got this cheap with a broken tip and lots of scratches. I got the tip shaped back into a point, although I might still take more off the spine to slim down the point.

5D58EFBA-0405-4C10-AA37-D57853A9ECFF.jpeg

Back