Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just acquired this'n in a trade . . . :D

tDDGnlw.jpg

I’m liking this one, although there is no chance of actually going to the Opera right now, all the theatres being closed and all... ;)

I guess the blade shape and grind puts this rather firmly into the ‘modern traditional’ category, but it is less of a departure than the Bestman. On this knife, the spine and handle are completely flush, as one expects from a traditional folder.

mxpvhRG.jpg

GBhTelb.jpg

A 1990-1993* Case 6318PU with brown bone handles came today. All blades are tight. Walk & talk was, in a word, sluggish. No real snap. Blades just kind of settled in. The knife doesn't look like it was ever carried. It had no visible lint or other debris in it. Hosed it out with WD40, worked the blades a dozen or twenty times, and voila! Good solid snap, open and closed, on all blades. Considering how clean it looked, I'm very pleasantly surprised. Pretty bone. Good snap. No play. This is an excellent knife. Sometimes finding a decent deal on a good old knife is more fun than scoring the latest GEC. No, really nod.gif 6318PU BRN Bone 1.JPG 6318PU BRN Bone 2.JPG6318PU BRN Bone 3.JPG

*I find it ironic that on one of the knives where Case stamped the actual year on the tang, that I can't narrow it down from 1990-1993 :rolleyes:
The year is illegible even with a magnifying glass. Bradford, PA isn't all that legible either.

6318PU BRN Bone 4.JPG

Walk and talk is very good, no blade play, arrived sharp and pretty good behind the edge thickness, not a super slicer but cuts well. The inside edges of the frame were quite crisp, read sharp, but I found that to be on other knives as well, easy to remedy using my awl on my SAK Pioneer to scrape down the sharp corners.

Made a nice slip sheath for it now;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

I am not much of a collector these days, but I saw these two at a giant flea market/antique extravaganza yesterday, and had to grab them( for less than $2o for the pair, I must add) ! I've always wanted a Melon tester and a GOOD Fish knife, but I like good working condition knives and the version I always see of these are either junk/abused or quality/expensive/too "fresh". I feel like it is really rare to find a good quality fish knife, as they were somewhat of a disposable knife, from what I've seen. Anyhoo... here they are, with just a little scrub in the sink, both mechanically sound, and perfectly imperfect!

I am not much of a collector these days, but I saw these two at a giant flea market/antique extravaganza yesterday, and had to grab them( for less than $2o for the pair, I must add) ! I've always wanted a Melon tester and a GOOD Fish knife, but I like good working condition knives and the version I always see of these are either junk/abused or quality/expensive/too "fresh". I feel like it is really rare to find a good quality fish knife, as they were somewhat of a disposable knife, from what I've seen. Anyhoo... here they are, with just a little scrub in the sink, both mechanically sound, and perfectly imperfect!

Who made the melon-tester?

After handling the two Victorinox Pioneers I bought my nephews, I knew I had to have one.
I'v never been much of a fan of Victorinox knives, finding them too slight or too thick depending on the model.
But this Pioneer feels very substantial and isn't bogged down by too many tools or thickness.
Had to get one of my own. :)

The Hartkopf is in a really nice Olive wood that is hard to catch in the picture right
Photos rarely show the true picture, but olive wood is a fantastic wood, and i have an image in my mind how good yours looks.:thumbsup:.

Branched out (pun intended) from GEC and purchased my first Boker. This is the Barlow Prime in curly birch wood. Excellent fit and finish, flush spring in all three positions, and a sharp factory edge for around $100. I definitely need to get more Bokers.

18n8QYp.jpg

w9ozVLq.jpg

nzsbTtB.jpg

Branched out (pun intended) from GEC and purchased my first Boker. This is the Barlow Prime in curly birch wood. Excellent fit and finish, flush spring in all three positions, and a sharp factory edge for around $100. I definitely need to get more Bokers.

18n8QYp.jpg

w9ozVLq.jpg

nzsbTtB.jpg
That’s a great pick-up! I’m really liking mine also. Same F&F on mine, but the grain pattern on yours looks fantastic! :thumbsup:
Here’s a shot of mine.
7FBF086D-A585-41FF-B81F-2F5BB1A01020.jpeg 49E04FEF-09DE-4E2F-9EA3-039A5BFBF479.jpeg

Back