Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Now then, off to find the beer!!

img

Older RR small stockman (but new to me)....
MQeFfa1.jpg
That’s a good looking little stockman! I have several RR tortoise, but still looking for that GEC 14 in tortoise!;)

I've forgotten and/ or neglected a few threads for a while. :oops: Need to remedy that.

Anywhos, over the last 5 months I've collected a couple weeks worth of smalls, don't think I've posted them.

Case Pocket Hunters. L - Clover Sawcut Bone, Amber Bone. Center - Gray Jigged Bone, Red Stag, Dark Molasses Sawcut Bone. R - Pocket Worn Harvest Orange Bone, Yellow Synthetic in CV.
original.jpg

Case Peanuts. L - Pocket Worn Bermuda Green Bone, Pocket Worn Old Red Bone. Center - Jigged Brown Synthetic, Red Stag, Amber Bone. R - Yellow Synthetic, Patriotic Kirinite.
original.jpg
Wow! That is a very impressive collection, you have great taste!;):thumbsup:

I've forgotten and/ or neglected a few threads for a while. :oops: Need to remedy that.

Anywhos, over the last 5 months I've collected a couple weeks worth of smalls, don't think I've posted them.

Case Pocket Hunters. L - Clover Sawcut Bone, Amber Bone. Center - Gray Jigged Bone, Red Stag, Dark Molasses Sawcut Bone. R - Pocket Worn Harvest Orange Bone, Yellow Synthetic in CV.
original.jpg

Case Peanuts. L - Pocket Worn Bermuda Green Bone, Pocket Worn Old Red Bone. Center - Jigged Brown Synthetic, Red Stag, Amber Bone. R - Yellow Synthetic, Patriotic Kirinite.
original.jpg
Nice knives and great pics!:cool:

Camillus and Nieto.
gZH15FA.jpg

5YHUpUV.jpg

g5RryPZ.jpg

RNqFJmj.jpg

The gaucho knife is rather beefy for a gaucho knife. I think the handle is glue-lam rather than plain wood, and I suspect the ferule is fitted closely to the tang and butted against the handle. The tang end is peened over a washer.
[No sheath, strangely (seller said this is how he bought it). It fits my Mark II Navy sheath, so I ordered a Kabar one of those.]

Last edited:
nJqAow8.jpg

This one just arrived. Typical Case complaints. The initial sharpening was a bit wonky, and some small gaps between spring and liner, but nothing that would impede the function on the knife. Not sure I’m thrilled with the color though. There might be a Rit bath in this knife’s future. Either wine or brown, I think.

I bought this Gerber Silver Knight way back when I was about 20 years old. I carried it every day for almost 40 years. A couple of years ago, I decided it was time for a change as it was starting to develop a fair amount of vertical blade play. The wood is worn down to almost nothing, but it still cuts well.

zMBymM4l.jpg

I started looking around for a replacement and was taken aback by how much knives have changed since my last purchase. While I was researching, I bumped into Nick Shabazz on YouTube. I was bitten, and you know the rest...

After several modern folders, I settled into Traditionals about a year ago. The variety of designs and the quality of workmanship speak to me. Anyways, I wanted to get another Silver Knight for a while now, and last week I finally got one. This one goes in my pocket as the original has become to precious to carry.

OIm7jJhl.jpg

I know it will last at least 40 years, even though I'm not likely to!

I bought this Gerber Silver Knight way back when I was about 20 years old. I carried it every day for almost 40 years. A couple of years ago, I decided it was time for a change as it was starting to develop a fair amount of vertical blade play. The wood is worn down to almost nothing, but it still cuts well.

zMBymM4l.jpg

I started looking around for a replacement and was taken aback by how much knives have changed since my last purchase. While I was researching, I bumped into Nick Shabazz on YouTube. I was bitten, and you know the rest...

After several modern folders, I settled into Traditionals about a year ago. The variety of designs and the quality of workmanship speak to me. Anyways, I wanted to get another Silver Knight for a while now, and last week I finally got one. This one goes in my pocket as the original has become to precious to carry.

OIm7jJhl.jpg

I know it will last at least 40 years, even though I'm not likely to!
Much respect, Sir. Your loyalty to that pattern is admirable.

Back