Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

My newest arrived today... got in trade on the exchange... thanks BladeRust BladeRust
Thickness is just about perfect for this size knife. I'm tickled.... edit: sorry..... it's a GEC 18

ZUrgVK.jpg

ZUrt5P.jpg

ZUrREm.jpg

Last edited:
So we are camping in “near” northern Ontario, lake Huron, Georgian Bay area. The closest city is almost one hour away.
There is an “outpost” store across the entrance to the provincial park to which we went 30 min ago to get some ice, milk, firewood etc.

As I am about to pay my wife points to me a small display with knives behind the counter.
There, sitting all alone is a CV Case 2012 Slimline Trapper. I checked it out and was very happy to see a really good example 👍
Centered blade, no play, no cracks in the delrin, VERY minimal tiny gap ( just in the middle only on one side), great walk and talk 👍 … for 42.99 CAD ( that’s like $33 US)
That knife sat on that shelf for 8 or 9 year probably.
I am SO HAPPY right now 😊

TY HUN ❤️

uugQQVB.jpg

cjkAKif.jpg

They also had a couple more but not my thing lol ( knives with spoons/fork or hooves tool etc )

4D99B623-B756-42A6-BACC-57FE27E27576.jpeg
My first 97.
I remember thinking, while they sat on dealers sites for well over a year, I’ll pick one up soon.
Then poof, they were all gone.

Luckily I got this off the exchange for a great deal and it is a very nice pattern.
Usually I don’t go larger than my 65’s with traditionals but I will see if I can get this into the rotation.

So we are camping in “near” northern Ontario, lake Huron, Georgian Bay area. The closest city is almost one hour away.
There is an “outpost” store across the entrance to the provincial park to which we went 30 min ago to get some ice, milk, firewood etc.

As I am about to pay my wife points to me a small display with knives behind the counter.
There, sitting all alone is a CV Case 2012 Slimline Trapper. I checked it out and was very happy to see a really good example 👍
Centered blade, no play, no cracks in the delrin, VERY minimal tiny gap ( just in the middle only on one side), great walk and talk 👍 … for 42.99 CAD ( that’s like $33 US)
That knife sat on that shelf for 8 or 9 year probably.
I am SO HAPPY right now 😊

TY HUN ❤️

uugQQVB.jpg

cjkAKif.jpg

They also had a couple more but not my thing lol ( knives with spoons/fork or hooves tool etc )
Nice score Dan! 😎👍

CelloDan CelloDan Cool Trapper Dan! :cool: Enjoy the park but remember don't feed the bears.

lol James 👍😁
I did bring my cpap machine however we did not realized that our campsite did not have electricity and we did nbring the battery.

So my snoring 💤 should keep us all safe 😀

This park is actually frequented by bears

Nice score Dan! 😎👍

Thank you Todd 😊
Here is posing with fried crappie soft taco meal 😎

MfuYXVT.jpg

lol James 👍😁
I did bring my cpap machine however we did not realized that our campsite did not have electricity and we did nbring the battery.

So my snoring 💤 should keep us all safe 😀

Thank you Todd 😊
Here is posing with fried crappie soft taco meal 😎

MfuYXVT.jpg
What a great looking meal, made all the better in the great outdoors with family!
😋👍

lol James 👍😁
...my snoring 💤 should keep us all safe 😀

Trapper Dan, ;)
Georgian Bay is a beautiful area, a great vacation spot and quite popular in black bear circles as an upscale summer resort. I have a theory that they like to swim in cold waters and fish off rocky shores. :cool:

Last edited:
Trapper Dan, ;)
Georgian Bay is a beautiful area, a great vacation spot and quite popular in black bear circles as an upscale summer resort. I have a theory that they like to swim in cold waters and fish off rocky shores. :cool:

Perhaps no bears tonight but just a few minutes ago this rascal was inside our car.

My wife had put the garbage bag inside the car and left the door open for 5 min to bring in more stuff to keep secure from the bears lol
I was eating a power bat from the food container in the trunk of the car when my wife alerted me to the intruder.

Our little yorkshire terrier chased it up the tree, but us coming down now

CaP4lVp.jpg

gn1FowB.jpg

It feels kinda.... flat. ;)
aha! so, you're saying my suspicions were correct? I KNEW it..... 🤣

After reading the thread that Horsewright Horsewright posted, with that wonderful new sheath, I was inspired. I remembered having one of those drop point sharpfingers a long time ago, but it got away from me. Fleabay to the rescue.... this is my most recent acquisition, and my first Schrade Scrimshaw. It's a very nicely maintained knife. A little patina, and almost no evidence of sharpening. I touched it up just a little bit, to see how it would respond to sharpening, and it took a very nice edge with 10-12 strokes on each side.
The only problem I have with it, and I remembered the same thing with my old one, is that Schrade leaves quite a bit of edge tapered to blunt back close to the tang. I haven't decided if I'm going to try to modify the grind a bit, or not. Jury's still out on that one..
I also read that the scrimshaw is all hand done... and this one is signed and dated at the bottom of the deer head.... '79 on this one.
The color rendition in these pics is pretty bad.... the delrin color is a really nice "antique ivory" color, not nearly as yellow as the pics make it look...

ZcjZID.jpg

ZcjruA.jpg

Zcjgmq.jpg

After reading the thread that Horsewright Horsewright posted, with that wonderful new sheath, I was inspired. I remembered having one of those drop point sharpfingers a long time ago, but it got away from me. Fleabay to the rescue.... this is my most recent acquisition, and my first Schrade Scrimshaw. It's a very nicely maintained knife. A little patina, and almost no evidence of sharpening. I touched it up just a little bit, to see how it would respond to sharpening, and it took a very nice edge with 10-12 strokes on each side.
The only problem I have with it, and I remembered the same thing with my old one, is that Schrade leaves quite a bit of edge tapered to blunt back close to the tang. I haven't decided if I'm going to try to modify the grind a bit, or not. Jury's still out on that one..
I also read that the scrimshaw is all hand done... and this one is signed and dated at the bottom of the deer head.... '79 on this one.
The color rendition in these pics is pretty bad.... the delrin color is a really nice "antique ivory" color, not nearly as yellow as the pics make it look...

ZcjZID.jpg

ZcjruA.jpg

Zcjgmq.jpg
That's a great fixed blade HG! :thumbsup: Don't know why Schrade didn't sharpen their blades the full length. :confused: It reduces my Sharp Finger to only 2 1/2'' of cutting edge.

That's a great fixed blade HG! :thumbsup: Don't know why Schrade didn't sharpen their blades the full length. :confused: It reduces my Sharp Finger to only 2 1/2'' of cutting edge.
Yes!.... which is ok, if it's being used for skinning tasks, but for gutting (which is what the drop point should excel at), I suspect it would make it quite a bit less controllable. I prefer to do the slicing work way back toward the tang, when gutting. If it's further out toward the tip, I think the control wouldn't be as nice.

Yes!.... which is ok, if it's being used for skinning tasks, but for gutting (which is what the drop point should excel at), I suspect it would make it quite a bit less controllable. I prefer to do the slicing work way back toward the tang, when gutting. If it's further out toward the tip, I think the control wouldn't be as nice.
Agree! Slicing cuts should at least be started close to the handle.
My Sharpfinger is NIB. I intend to keep it original and just use other blades as needed.

ZcjZID.jpg

ZcjruA.jpg

Zcjgmq.jpg
Very cool score, congrats! Yeah that one I built the sheath for had the same lack of edge, although someone had tried to make it a little better.

Back