Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

A93D4F68-CD2D-430F-B9C0-FE523E5F4528.jpeg
Here’s some more of last weeks mail that I just had a chance to take a photo of. The 38 is technically the first piece in my daughters collection. She was born a month ago on the 15th. I was really happy to grab that as her first.
The pocket carver I had been hunting for a while but looking for a good price so happy I was able to land that. The Remington was easy to grab so I had to get one in to check out. It’s a tank! Great looking knife overall that will be a workhorse for sure.

Colonial Ranger serpentine jack my dad decided he didn’t need anymore, and gave to me.

The Ranger is just a hair under 4 inches and very solid. It is not shell construction, but definitely on the budget end. Going by a 1977 store display somebody has on sale on the large auction site, it is the “Kodiak” model, and it went for $5.99, which is about 27 of today’s dollars. That will give you some idea of just how underpriced some of the imports are these days. Of course this one may have been given away free as a Chiquita Banana promotion. “Yours for just 10 banana stickers plus shipping and handling!!!” or something like that, I imagine…

VnW1dqi.jpg

Fresh…

Haven't been actively pursuing lots of knives this past year or so, just been letting them come to me. I found these (and a lot more) today in an antique and curio mall, the gent made me an offer to take these four I couldn't refuse. Two-Dot Buck 110, Schrade 807UH (pen size Stockman), Case 52033SS - nice stag penknife, and a Kabar fixed blade. All with full blades and excellent action - no flaws. The Kabar has no USA mark and no model number, but the blade measures 4-1/4" to the tip - got to identify it. OH

Haul-9-14-21.jpg

Delivery today - Case small knife transport case, and 2 of the new smooth old red bone PVD knives. Still waiting on the matching Mini Copperlock, and orange synthetic Tribal Lock.

I know the Trapperlock doesn't fit the guidelines for the forum, so I won't post that one.

I'm assuming the Teardrop doesn't either because of the PVD blades?

edit - oops, question for mods, forgot to do the @ thing - @Peregrin next time you are on, is my thinking in the sentence above correct?

OK, the Mini Copperlock arrived. Here's 2 of the 3, Trapperlock not shown. Need a bit more cleaning.
original.jpg

My newly obtained mint Puma 959 Universal Jagdmesser from 1967.
I've been wanting one for years, never the right price. It's never used nor carried.
I'm always amazed that people can keep things stored for so long.

Vin-PUMA_959.jpg
Is that the actual knife you bought or a stock photo?

Those look fantastic Gordon! Case nailed it pairing the coated blades with the Old Red Bone. 😊👍

Yeah, they're shiny.

The tear drop is a pattern I find odd. After getting one, I still find the pattern odd. However it does fit well in my hand.

I will say the Mini Copperlock is probably going to Case. The gap between liner and spacer past the lockback toward the heel actually widens a bit as it get to the heel. Smooth action, positive lock, no blade play, fit and finish on the bone/ pins/ bolsters is great. But that gap... I know Case is capable of building knives that are dang-near perfect, I have several. Even the most rudimentary QC should have caught an issue like this.

Yeah, they're shiny.

The tear drop is a pattern I find odd. After getting one, I still find the pattern odd. However it does fit well in my hand.

I will say the Mini Copperlock is probably going to Case. The gap between liner and spacer past the lockback toward the heel actually widens a bit as it get to the heel. Smooth action, positive lock, no blade play, fit and finish on the bone/ pins/ bolsters is great. But that gap... I know Case is capable of building knives that are dang-near perfect, I have several. Even the most rudimentary QC should have caught an issue like this.
Totally agree, it should have been caught. Hopefully, they get it right for you. 😊👍
Actually scored this one below retail. o_O
That’s a great find John. I always thought those were really nice looking 62s. 😎👍

Thank you, Todd... I'm excited to have one after I let my red one go.
The #62 was the last GEC I bought through a retailer... that was a while ago.
I have a stag 62 that I bought from DLT, I think. I spent 15 minutes or more comparing the different photos and then thought about it for half a day before I completed the purchase. Oh, for the good old days! 😊👍

Back