Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

ZwHlCx.jpg

Both are super nice. 🤠 :thumbsup:

...... and here's the third of my newest additions. Case Swayback Jack in stag, with TruSharp blades. The stag on this one is very nice, and has a good "grippy" feel in hand. The edges were not ground terribly well, and I am working to gently straighten them out. It was pretty stiff in opening when I got it, but after flushing the joints for about 30 minutes, it's much better. Of all my swaybacks, this one is the "worst", quality wise, but it's still great. My other swaybacks have been pretty much flawless.... this one is close, but needs a few "touch-ups" to get it to that level. Otherwise, it's very nice, no gaps, blades pretty well centered.... just a really nice knife. And, did I mention....... stag? :cool: :D

Zx2BdA.jpg

Zx2mLM.jpg

Zx2qiq.jpg

...... and here's the third of my newest additions. Case Swayback Jack in stag, with TruSharp blades. The stag on this one is very nice, and has a good "grippy" feel in hand. The edges were not ground terribly well, and I am working to gently straighten them out. It was pretty stiff in opening when I got it, but after flushing the joints for about 30 minutes, it's much better. Of all my swaybacks, this one is the "worst", quality wise, but it's still great. My other swaybacks have been pretty much flawless.... this one is close, but needs a few "touch-ups" to get it to that level. Otherwise, it's very nice, no gaps, blades pretty well centered.... just a really nice knife. And, did I mention....... stag? :cool: :D

Zx2BdA.jpg

Zx2mLM.jpg

Zx2qiq.jpg
Wow really nice find there hornetguy! Just beautiful! 😎👍

I'm excited to finally get this one... Mint In Package

I have one more to go to complete the collection... The Roper Small Stockman
Got the belt knife to go with 'em ?
SMKW had some NOS available a few years back for maybe $20 but I never bought one. ( I'm assuming made by colonial or something, don't really know though)

BTW Daisy ( owned by GAMO in Spain now ) is actually slate to bring Red Ryder production back to the US, probably mostly just gonna be " assembled in USA with global materials " like they still do with some of the anniversary models and such, but hopefully they'll at least use the metal cocking lever.
Got my first in I think 2006 and it was still made here to at least some degree.

I just received this NOS Tramontina bowie that I'm going to rehandle in stag.
It's a budget knife, but Tramontina makes great machetes so the blade should be decent.
It's kind of like the old imperial H6 and Utica sportsman...ect, but bigger and has some proper Bowie styling.

According to some writing on the back of the box someone bought it for their dads birthday in 1986.
It's a shame that they just left it in the box all these years and it was eventually sold, but I'm happy to have it.

Last edited:
No... No belt knives for me, I just don't carry/use them.
Don’t keep one in the jeep for the woods? Maybe part of a recovery kit…? Or the “my recovery kit ain’t working so I’m stuck here for the night” kit? Not that your gonna get stuck. I’ve seen your rigs 😎👍

Don’t keep one in the jeep for the woods? Maybe part of a recovery kit…?
I keep a Buck 112 Light in my Jeep kit... and a SAK Tinker.
Are you planning to open and use all the Red Ryder pocket knives or just collect them ?
No, they will stay in the package... Just fun to look at but not something I'd really carry.
If you are just gonna collect them theres no reason not to truly complete the set.
I thought about that too... They are pretty readily available so I have time to think about it.
They also make a Scout Knife which I may pick up too.

I havn’t received it yet but here are pictures from the auction website. It was advertised as an old Bulldog (I was actually searching for Tobacco Barlows) I was the only bidder and the price was not outrageous. I see it is marked “Western Germany” but I’m not sure it was really made by Bulldog 🧐🙂
069801B0-CDEA-49E7-BAF2-E1A44ACD4FD8.jpeg0FF65081-16C5-47A8-BEA4-200F109DDC38.jpegA4B6DB0E-E1CD-48A5-A4E2-067BE1A35B7A.jpeg

B965AEA3-C679-45D5-91D9-69D27D9AAFBB.jpeg
My grandma sends me knives from time to time (at least twice a year, sometimes the same knife). I think she gets them a gas stations or infomercials and I don’t have the heart to tell her they’re crap and to just start sending me GECs like this nice 15.

View attachment 1637716
My grandma sends me knives from time to time (at least twice a year, sometimes the same knife). I think she gets them a gas stations or infomercials and I don’t have the heart to tell her they’re crap and to just start sending me GECs like this nice 15.
No need to compare them, display the knives your grandma sends you in a special place, one day they will be your greatest treasures. 😊👍

View attachment 1637716
I like that knife that your Grandma gave you. It reminds me a lot of this knife that was given to me by a friend. They are both pretty cool in my opinion.
IMG_1117.JPG

Back