Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Picked up this peanut the other day. It has some nice scales which caught my eye.
J7t9wUI.jpg

Delivery today - Case small knife transport case, and 2 of the new smooth old red bone PVD knives. Still waiting on the matching Mini Copperlock, and orange synthetic Tribal Lock.

I know the Trapperlock doesn't fit the guidelines for the forum, so I won't post that one.

I'm assuming the Teardrop doesn't either because of the PVD blades?

edit - oops, question for mods, forgot to do the @ thing - Peregrin Peregrin next time you are on, is my thinking in the sentence above correct?

Last edited:
Typical Case build quality...
Very slight gap at one liner, blades well-centered but not perfect, everything else is close to perfect.
Totally agree John. I would add that the main blade is rock solid, the Spey blade, if you’re looking for it, has a small amount of play.

This one arrived 2 days ago. Although I rarely have use for a corkscrew, I liked the blade combo, 4" closed length, and the wood scales were too attractive to pass on.
I'd estimate the pull on both blades at about an 8.5, no half stops. Hopefully they will loosen up a bit in time, I don't think this knife was ever used. The color and character
of the wood grain doesn't show as well in these pics as it does in hand. Both blades could use some sharpening although I think they are still factory edges, if I can do that
right I believe the flat grind main blade will be an excellent slicer.
New F&G - 1 - 1.jpegView attachment 1638673

The latest arrival in my "stag jag".... Case half whittler... turns out it's an older one (1980 apparently, as it is a 75 year commemorative :rolleyes: ) and is a single spring version. Very sleek knife. It also has the distinction of being the dullest knife I have ever received. I can push my thumb down pretty firmly on either blade and saw it back and forth, with no blood loss at all. I had a video of me doing just that, but I can't get it transferred to my laptop... yet.
I think I can remedy the "dull" issue, not sure about the video issue.... 😞

ZGE3Ee.jpg

ZGEKcx.jpg

ZGE7gH.jpg

View attachment 1639362View attachment 1639363
This bocote 73 scout trapper came in last week and really impressed how it turned out. The construction and finishing is remarkable. Highly recommend grabbing a 73 trapper from this last run if you’ve been on the fence about it.
Fine picture, one of GEC's many outstanding features is the high level of finish on their back springs and spring cut-off as you photo clearly shows.

Back