Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Picked this up yesterday. Marked "Old Timer" "5OT/D2". No mention of Schrade anywhere on knife or box. The big book store seller claims a Schrade Heritage lineage. Made by American Outdoor Brands. Obviously a Chinese production. Pretty well made; easy open/close lockback. Blade grind was pretty off - took me about an hour on diamond hones to get a good edge on it, but did feel like D2 steel based on sharpening other known D2 brands.

Wondering if this has any relation to Schrade knives? Appreciate comments. Thanks.

Last edited:
Picked this up yesterday. Marked "Old Timer" "5OT/D2". No mention of Schrade anywhere on knife or box. The big book store seller claims a Schrade Heritage lineage. Made by American Outdoor Brands. Obviously a Chinese production. Pretty well made; easy open/close lockback. Blade grind was pretty off - took me about an hour on diamond hones to get a good edge on it, but did feel like D2 steel based on sharpening other known D2 brands.

Wondering if this has any relation to Schrade knives? Appreciate comments. Thanks.

I saw these. The 5OT is a great pattern and D2 is good steel.
I'm confused by the current ownership of Shcrade, Old Timer, and Uncle Henry. Both the American Outdoor Brands and the Battenfeld Technologies webpages claim ownership of these names as well as others. There must be some relation between these two companies. Not clear what it is. Or maybe AOB bought a lot of brands from BTI and BTI's webpage is out of date.

This Case Muskrat in Rainbow Corelon arrived over the weekend, and I gotta say I'm quite pleased with it. Fit and finish were on point (to my eye at least) and since we often call Case out for poor quality control I figured I should point out a positive experience. I should add that I did ask the dealer to pick me out a purty one though and check for F&F, so that could be why and kudos to them as well. I don't think I can shout them out here, but lets just say it's a dealer that specializes in traditionals and is named after the ABSOLUTE HANDS DOWN BEST television series of all time.

The color variation is hard to capture in pics, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect as this is my first experience with this material, but I dig it. I put a brushed finish on the bolsters as I almost always do with my Case knives.

1ehSrpk.jpg

Battlestar Galactica???
The remake, not the original.

What-Deadwood-Changed-About-The-Real-Al-Swearengen.jpg

Good to hear, and really nice little pocket knife, very well co-ordinated with the shirt.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks brother! I just happened in the Wrangler store and saw that shirt and knew immediately I had to get it, then I was looking at slant bolstered Muskrats and just happened upon those covers and knew I had to get it. Happy coincidence that they match so well

I've watched Battlestar four times through.
Once by myself, once with my wife, once with my older boy, and once again with my younger boy.
But did you name one of your sons Apolo? My college roommates that year named our dog Daggit. 😁

Last edited:
Back