Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

His reviews seem to hit the high and low points of the reviewed knife. I'll watch those reviews.

I don't have a horse in this race, but as a Nick fan, I've got to call out Banter 247 as the other reviewer that's grabbed my interest lately.

He is similarly thorough, practical, insightful, highly articulate, efficient in his use of time, and capable of separating the objective and subjective aspects of reviewing.

Unlike Nick he takes more of a narrative approach. I appreciate Nick's totally systematic G-G-B-U approach, and reviewers with a narrative style have usually lost my interest because they're not actually teaching well — but I think 247 manages to combine the best of both worlds, which makes for engaging discussion. Worth checking out.

I used to be a big fan of Nick’s Y-T channel. That’s faded recently as I’ve gained the impression that his reviews have become progressively rushed, with diminishing amounts of substantive use or cary. There’s a plethora of channels that already do the same, although most are probably even more egregious in that regard.

I still watch (albeit less frequently) and I still enjoy his humor, but in my eyes the credibility of his opinions has taken a hit.

I like Nick’s reviews. He hits the highlights, has quality production value, and has the voice of an angel! He tends to review knives of the type in which I’m generally interested, which is a plus. He and @austonh (epicsnugglebunny) are my “go to” reviewers. If I’m initially interested in something I’ll always see whether one or both of them have done a review.

I like @NickShabazz 's videos. He's thoughtful and transparent in his approach, which makes his reviews more useful to me than a lot of others. When he doesn't like something he explains in detail why. So even if your overall opinion of the knife or other gear differs from his, you'll likely still get something from the video.

I don't have a horse in this race, but as a Nick fan, I've got to call out Banter 247 as the other reviewer that's grabbed my interest lately.

He is similarly thorough, practical, insightful, highly articulate, efficient in his use of time, and capable of separating the objective and subjective aspects of reviewing.

Unlike Nick he takes more of a narrative approach. I appreciate Nick's totally systematic G-G-B-U approach, and reviewers with a narrative style have usually lost my interest because they're not actually teaching well — but I think 247 manages to combine the best of both worlds, which makes for engaging discussion. Worth checking out.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

He's mostly seen as your good guy Greg of the knife world and his reviews seem to gather some attention. I know he wasn't really liked at the beginning but people seem to have mellowed a bit about him recently. What's your take about him ?
Who qualifies as his foil, Scumbag Steve? That should be juicy...

Both of which epithets amuse me. His coining of ‘murdery’, or at least it was new to me, is one of the reasons I like the guy. I used to scrape people off the street and stabilise them in ambulances on the way to hospital, so ‘stabby’ is a word I knew already. Lots of stabby youths in London, where I live. It’s something of a tradition, sadly. A perpetual cycle.

I count religion but a childish toy, And hold there is no sin but ignorance. Birds of the air will tell of murders past. I am asham'd to hear such fooleries!

- Christopher Marlowe, playwright. Born 1564, stabbed to death in a London Tavern 1593. Elizabeth I introduced the first knife restrictions in my city.
Dude, good luck out there. I see knife attacks through the roof, plus other nastiness in Khan’s London. Somehow those perps don’t know of the local carry laws. Keep safe.

I'm incapable of watching anyone's knife reviews on youtube, it just doesn't do it for me.

He seems pretty okay though, and the videos I've seen thirty seconds of I hated less than most of the knife channels I've tried to watch.

Dude, good luck out there. I see knife attacks through the roof, plus other nastiness in Khan’s London. Somehow those perps don’t know of the local carry laws. Keep safe.
Ach, the bloody young’uns are always stabbing each other, the stupid idiots. I work quite closely these days with violent offenders of all sorts. There is good in everyone, you just have to find it. :)

I think he usually does a fairly thorough job of going over what he likes, and what he doesn't, but I find myself often disagreeing with the things he chooses to place the most emphasis on. His and my philosophical approaches to knives mostly seem not to overlap, and so I don't actively watch him, though I've given his videos a go in the past just to see what they were all about.

And certain people are, truly, both irredeemable and irreparable, incapable of rehabilitation. Full life sentences apply. Very few, but they do very much exist. People who kill you very quickly.

Back to knives, knives to cut things with, not people. (There is Prac-Tac for that.) I’m not sure that Nick is the best advisor on knife maintenance, but at least he rolls his sleeves up on a regular basis.

The only knives I likely bought based on his input are the PM2 and Dragonfly. Probably a dozen I might have purchased that he saved me the money and trouble of buying. That’s a big win for me. I’ll say it again, he’s a gem.

I don't always agree with him but he does a great job. Funny too. Some of the most thorough table top reviews.

Back