You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made this little guy, 3" blade 6" overall with some natural micarta, finally got the real deal and I gotta say, this stuff is way easier to work than the stuff I was making. The sheath is a pocket sheath or a toss in a bag kinda sheath.

Nice one JD!

Warrior, that is badass man, your son from what I've ever seen of him seems to be a pretty cool dude. I'm 40 years old. Not old by any means, but I do feel that I'm not capable of things I did when I was was younger. I was pretty hard on myself through my youthful years. But to see him in those pics, reminds me of a young man in his prime taking advantage of the things he loves and the things he's capable of....... its inspiring, good for him, you must be proud.

He's pretty much living my dream. I've always wanted to live near the mountains, ever since we traveled there in grandma and grandpa's motorhome when I was 9 years old. He's a real good kid, and I've always been very proud of him.

Warrior, that is badass man, your son from what I've ever seen of him seems to be a pretty cool dude. I'm 40 years old. Not old by any means, but I do feel that I'm not capable of things I did when I was was younger. I was pretty hard on myself through my youthful years. But to see him in those pics, reminds me of a young man in his prime taking advantage of the things he loves and the things he's capable of....... its inspiring, good for him, you must be proud.

Thanks for the kind words about the magazine articles guys, I wish I could take full credit for it but I cannot. Like I said, the Yuma review is a very old one that probably didn't make the cut two years ago. If any of you guys know how magazines and writers work, they all are in cahoots. Granted I do have a upcoming feature coming up in SRI. But probably what happened is word got out in the publication world and one wanted to be up to par with the other so, the old article came about. Last time I was in tactical knife magazine, there was variations of that article in a couple other mags. id love to say its because I'm that talented, but realistically. I think this is common protocol.

However, one thing that I a excited about, I still cannot say to much about, but, if you guys are fans of reality survival shows, you may,or may,not be seeing some T.M.Hunt goodness on the big screen soon. This is the only place I've mentioned it. Who knows whats gonna end up on the editing floor. But keep your fingers crossed for me.

I will give more details when I can.

That's awesome, Todd. I need to get another order in before your list grows too long.

Made this little guy, 3" blade 6" overall with some natural micarta, finally got the real deal and I gotta say, this stuff is way easier to work than the stuff I was making. The sheath is a pocket sheath or a toss in a bag kinda sheath.

Nice work, 710! I think that is my favorite design of yours so far.:thumbup:

However, one thing that I a excited about, I still cannot say to much about... This is the only place I've mentioned it... I will give more details when I can.

You really ought to consider getting your own subforum and perhaps a website.

:p :D

Todd, good deal with the new article! I agree that two at once isn't a coincidence, but it is still pretty cool, none the less.
My son, rock climbing:

10858461_10204693781321179_5151509559672204141_n.jpg
Awesome stuff, Dubz!
JD, I like it! The palm swell on the handle looks quite comfy.

You really ought to consider getting your own subforum and perhaps a website.

:p :D

Yeah yeah yeah, thats all business. Its fun to hang out here........usually.

I'll be announcing details there. Soon. I hope.

He's pretty much living my dream. I've always wanted to live near the mountains, ever since we traveled there in grandma and grandpa's motorhome when I was 9 years old. He's a real good kid, and I've always been very proud of him.

I'm guessing he's also living his own dream, too. But I know what you mean. I'm still learning to live with my middle aged self...

On another note, I traded a folder I wasn't using for this Boker; I really wanted to sell the knife I traded, but I figured I'd rather put the folder in someone's hands that wanted to use it and this knife looked nice enough. I want to sell it, but really don't know where to start, as I can't find much info on the web (almost none, actually) and the one that I did see that sold...well it sold for a fair bit of cash. It's a Tree Brand (Boker) drop point hunter made for Cabela's. It has sculpted bone handles, tapered tang and forged bolsters. Came with a leather pocket sheath, no box and was made in Germany. If anybody knows anything about this please PM or email me.

15866673580_c912c78cf5_b.jpg

15866674800_2286a8266c_b.jpg

Todd, good deal with the new article! I agree that two at once isn't a coincidence, but it is still pretty cool, none the less.

Awesome stuff, Dubz!

JD, I like it! The palm swell on the handle looks quite comfy.

Yes it fits very comfy in the plam.

I've always wanted to rock climb.

Good Gravy... what a nightmare!

Ya cain't drink all day unless you start in the mornin'.

A wise man told me that once on a mountaintop... and it worked out just fine. :thumbup:

Lol, I've been called a lot of things in my life JT. But this is the first being called a "wise man" :thumbup:

Awesome stuff, Dubz!
Thanks man. It's a pretty cool photo. Here's another cool photo of him:

2-1.jpg

I'm guessing he's also living his own dream, too. But I know what you mean. I'm still learning to live with my middle aged self...
He is. After the girl he was with for 8 1/2 years dumped him last year, he decided to head out there with his best friend. Two peas in a pod. They always were interested in doing the same things. He used to be in a metal band when he was younger:

oldshowpic.jpg

And he played semi pro paintball as well:

jamespaintball.jpg

I've always wanted to rock climb.
The thought entered my mind when I wore a younger man's clothes, but I'm way too heavy for that sort of stuff now, haha. Too old too. :p

Rock on, Dubz's kid! Life is meant to be fun :thumbup:

Lol, I've been called a lot of things in my life JT. But this is the first being called a "wise man" :thumbup:

I only said it because it's true. And if I'm half-right, you'll never forget me poppin' yer cherry. You're welcome.

:D

Rock on, Dubz's kid! Life is meant to be fun :thumbup:

I only said it because it's true. And if I'm half-right, you'll never forget me poppin' yer cherry. You're welcome.

:D

You didnt get no cherry, maybe a raisin, lol but thanks just the same! Your not so stupid yourself you know! :D

In other news, I'll be moving to San Antonio around May. My wife got accepted to her top choice residency, which was the USAF neurology residency at Fort Sam Houston.

Congrats to her, crimson. That's an excellent hospital. Welcome to Texas.

Congrats! Be sure and read up on San Antonio's knife laws before you walk out of the house. They've got some pretty restrictive ones.

Actually, Corpus is the one that's REALLY restrictive - no fixed blades allowed in public at all and folders are limited to 3" max.

San Antonio just bans locking folders. Any legal fixed blade or slip-joint is fine for SA carry.

Hopefully, the pre-emption law will get passed this year.

Here's a handy reference guide (correct as of today) showing the various "more restrictive than state law" locations. (snitched from a Austin gun store facebook page).

Texas Knife Law Synopsis.jpg

I don't understand Texas. That's all I have to say about that.

You didnt get no cherry, maybe a raisin, lol but thanks just the same! Your not so stupid yourself you know! :D

LMAO :D Henceforth, you shall ever be known to me as "raisin".

don't feel bad, that's way better than being called "Chip" Marchand for all time...

Good to know. I had no idea about the ban on locking folders. Sheesh, who knew? Fortunately, I know several guys who make excellent fixed blades that apparently ARE legal for carry there.

And he played semi pro paintball as well:

That's a thing?

Hopefully, the pre-emption law will get passed this year.

Here's a handy reference guide (correct as of today) showing the various "more restrictive than state law" locations. (snitched from a Austin gun store facebook page).

View attachment 498358

Thanks for that. Any info on a possible bill that could be supported?

I don't understand Texas.

For the life of me, the best I can figure for some of our restrictive knife and gun laws is that we must have passed them back in the serious fighting days and just never bothered to get them off the books.

I don't understand Texas. That's all I have to say about that.

Most of those city ordinances were passed by "feel good" politicians back in the 1990s who wanted to be able to say they were "getting tough on crime". If you notice a bunch just prohibit knives in city parks. Usually, these were to target people getting drunk in their parks and then getting into fights. Whether a knife was ever used in a fight is immaterial. It gives the local LEOs something else to hang on the charges.

Texarkana's was due to bus seats getting cut up. San Antonio's and Corpus Christi's were promoted as being a tool to combat "gang related activity". Who knows what caused the town of Melissa (near Dallas) to ban peddlers, solicitors and handbill distributors from carrying ANY cutting instrument. In addition to the County of Dallas ordinance, the CITY of Dallas specifically bans any cutting instrument from being brought into a city library. Apparently, people were cutting things out of books and magazines.

San Antonio's ban on locking knives specifically exempts "people traveling", unfortunately WITHOUT any definition of what constitutes traveling. The state dropped that language from the gun laws a few sessions back due to the vagueness.

Thanks for that. Any info on a possible bill that could be supported?

At this time, I'm assuming the sponsors of the pre-emption bill last session will be filing it again this year. I don't know if they got re-elected or not. Neither were from around my neck of the woods. I'm sure Doug Ritter (Knife Rights) will be working with them on it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back