You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cbear, you need a pegboard for all those! All donations can be sent up here, you have my address :D

But he designs really coooool knives and survival gear! :D

Or is that Doug Ritter that I'm thinking of?

Does he drink his own piss too?

Signed,
Bear

I'm pretty certain Doug doesn't. He is "Critter" here on BladeForums...Cornerstone Founding Member of Knife Rights, founder of Equipped to Survive, collaborated with Ethan on the BK12 (RSK Mk2), collaborated with Benchmade on the RSK Mk1 (modified Griptilian), collaborated with Adventure Medical on their SOL line of gear, etc, etc... In my opinion, he's always been the most pragmatic and realistic of those in the "survival" industry. Actual useful advice for the types of emergencies (flood, hurricane, power outage, etc) that people might actually experience in their lifetimes, along with practical (i.e. effective, but not very exciting for TV) advice on being prepared to deal with them.

Well I got a pretty cool email this morning. I got a message that I needed to proofread a article that my company is mentioned in so it can got to print. Well, I know in going to be in the spring issue of Self Reliance Illustrated and have been through all of those interviews and so forth so I automatically assumed thats what it was for. Well, turns out its something altogether different. Two years ago I sent out a Yuma that a writer wanted to do a review on. So, I sent him one and never heard from him again, so, I just wrote it off and figured that was that....... guess what, its just now done and going to print.
It will be in the spring issue of The New Pioneer magazine, and there doing a small knife shootout kind of thing. There putting it up against a Buck Vangaurd, Tops Viper Scout, Sperderco Bushcrafter, and a ESEE Izula II. Ought to be pretty cool. Check it out, it should be on the shelves Jan. 20th. Right next to my article in SRI at the same time.

Well I got a pretty cool email this morning. I got a message that I needed to proofread a article that my company is mentioned in so it can got to print. Well, I know in going to be in the spring issue of Self Reliance Illustrated and have been through all of those interviews and so forth so I automatically assumed thats what it was for. Well, turns out its something altogether different. Two years ago I sent out a Yuma that a writer wanted to do a review on. So, I sent him one and never heard from him again, so, I just wrote it off and figured that was that....... guess what, its just now done and going to print.
It will be in the spring issue of The New Pioneer magazine, and there doing a small knife shootout kind of thing. There putting it up against a Buck Vangaurd, Tops Viper Scout, Sperderco Bushcrafter, and a ESEE Izula II. Ought to be pretty cool. Check it out, it should be on the shelves Jan. 20th. Right next to my article in SRI at the same time.

Place your orders now, folks. Wait times are going to increase... ;)

That's awesome Todd!! Congrats!

Great news on that article, Todd! I was showing off my Yuma and Magua at deer camp this year and wouldn't be surprised if a couple guys were looking for something before next fall, too. :) You make a great knife and the quality practically sells itself.

We can say we knew him when he was just some schmuck who hated his day job and made knives part-time. And me and D can reminisce about the time we tried to get him to paint his balls and ride a floor buffer. Except D is MIA so I guess it's just me reminiscing myself, like usual.

Check it out, it should be on the shelves Jan. 20th. Right next to my article in SRI at the same time.

awesome!! I'll have to remember to go near an actual bookstore next month.

Congrats Todd. Glad to hear you are getting the exposure and accolades you deserve.

Of course, you are aware that your proofreading needs some proofreading, right?

I still think he should paint his balls and ride a floor buffer. You just can't give up on that chance. :D

I still think he should paint his balls and ride a floor buffer. You just can't give up on that chance. :D

Or buff 'em and ride a painter, or something. As long as there's beer and cameras on hand, I vote yes!

In all seriousness, congratulations, Todd. You've earned the recognition. :thumbup:

In other news, Happy Holidays to all Beckerheads near and far, from Skitty and Rocky :)

tumblr_ngsxbxm2bD1t96dyxo1_1280.jpg

In other news, I'll be moving to San Antonio around May. My wife got accepted to her top choice residency, which was the USAF neurology residency at Fort Sam Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back