You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to decide if I want to post in this thread or not.

I'd suggest staying away. It's a time suck! Especially the waiting a minute between posts thing. Because when you get something posted and go refresh the page and then try to comment on someone else, it makes you wait, and you have to ramble for the 28 seconds till you're able to post again. It's a vicious cycle... Like menopause.

Thats pretty cool, but dont buy one. Because the first time that guy sees a vagina you'll be able to pick that one up at a yard sale for $25. bucks.

Thank you. First actual laugh out loud I've had today.

I can't lie. I have enjoyed more than my fair share of cheap beer. I just never really took to Keystone Light.

This pic is a couple years old, but the sentiment remains.:D

005.JPG
You might appreciate this stash I found....
IMG_20130914_124517_628_zps4df0da6c.jpg

IMG_20130914_124509_662_zpsb26e30bc.jpg

It may be. They had a huge pile of them at SMKW in unissued condition for ten bucks. I gave several of them away but kept this one. I like it. :thumbup:
Ah, yes. I think Kay was telling me about that find this Fall up at Ethan's.

I'd keep an eye on it for a while.

I think I will.
OTOH - nikon scopes run about 125-150, so that H&R is really only going to cost about a c-note.
I say go for it -- then try to find one of the old .50 cal BP barrels for it.

It may be. They had a huge pile of them at SMKW in unissued condition for ten bucks. I gave several of them away but kept this one. I like it. :thumbup:

It's a Polish bread bag. I shit you not.

2FE9F265-7048-4138-9FF3-C5BD1D66495B_zpskt1q1svn.jpg

This one is a Finnish gas mask bag.

FinnBag1_zps7f078dd7.jpg

Jerry, I bet that stuff is as good as new.:D

I had no idea the H&R made rifles. That just may be an idea for a coyote gun.

I bet that vintage PBR is so skunked it tastes good.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to post in this thread or not.

Too late! You're right here with the rest of us rascals now. Get used to it. :D

Long story, but a .357 magnum wheelgun was the first "serious" handgun I ever fired... at age 13, when I weighed about 101# and had arms like spaghetti. Quite a step up from a .22LR bolt-action... to be totally honest, that monster revolver felt like it weighed a million pounds and when I touched it off (single-action) the flash and noise nearly scared the crap out of me... but even outside my comfort zone, I remembered all the lessons I was taught about holding onto the weapon and aligning the sights and controlling my breath and squeezing instead of yanking... and I actually hit the target, and kept the gun pointed in the right (safe) direction even as the recoil echoed through my spine and I couldn't hear anything for a minute or two.

Earplugs? Huh? :D

Dad was proud as hell and it was a serious confidence-builder for me. Thanks for the experience, Dad! :)

In other news, the first whitetail deer I actually saw killed, was harvested completely illegally with the help of a spot-light and a .22LR revolver. For obvious reasons, I cannot divulge any details of that (nor do I advocate violatin' game laws), except to say... that venison definitely did not go to waste.

WTF were we talking about again? :p

Last edited:
I have a 527 lux with an old weaver post reticle 2.5 in .222-my favorite rifle. You can load it from hot .22lr pressure right up to deer-are-ok-if-you-can-really-shoot 60gr. Partitions. It's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot rabbits with, and it weighs nothing. The CZ set triggers rock, too.image.jpg
Sorry for the heinous pic-not bad for a guy standing on a chair with a Fenix PD22 and an Iphone...i live off the grid and the solar panels starved to death sometime on Tuesday.

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy that urine sample.
My sentiments exactly.
I can't lie. I have enjoyed more than my fair share of cheap beer. I just never really took to Keystone Light.

005.JPG
If ever there was a clearer example of the pot calling the kettle black....

Thats pretty cool, but dont buy one. Because the first time that guy sees a vagina you'll be able to pick that one up at a yard sale for $25. bucks.
So very true - and very funny.

005.JPG

I'm never ashamed to admit that I prefer PBR over the more exotic brews. Rock on!

Speaking of hipsters. Saw this ad on Yelp and after a few eye rolls had to post it to IG then here, for laughs. Perfect dress for clubbing in downtown Portland. LOL

Ha! I was just lamenting that beards are in style again...May shave mine in protest.

I'm never ashamed to admit that I prefer PBR over the more exotic brews. Rock on!

I genuinely enjoy light American beerce. I was happily drinkin' PBR long before it was hip or trendy, and I was lovin' my weight in Dutch and German beers long before they were "popular", too. The only reason I refuse to buy the Ribbon anymore is strictly eco-political... a discussion which is better left unexplored here.

Thank Gawd I can get Hamm's and Yuengling at my neighborhood grocery store... :D

Those Polish bread bags are still around. As a matter of fact, I just ordered 3. :thumbup:

I grew up in Central WI. If youse had any experience with Polish bread, I guarantee you would not be nearly so excited about their bags.

Wait... whut? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back