You've just won the lottery!!! What do you buy?

Edit: Edged tools only. No fast cars or fast women.

Does that include drill bits? Milling machines? They have edges!
Grinders? They have grit and every little grit has edges :p
Plus they're all tools
...I really want a pro workshop to make awesome knives in :(

Para Military2, Gayle Bradley, Emerson A-100, Boker Ekskellibur (nah - the Burger!), Superleaf, BM 940, Fallkniven A2, BRKT Fox River, Umnumzaan, ESEE 6, JD Smith, Stretch, an Mcusta w/ white corian, and yeah, gimme one of those D Ralph Maxx knives, too. I suppose I'd also have to design one or two & see if someone could build them.

I was just thinking about this subject today. Most of my needs/wants are Blade Forum's fault for expanding my view the knife world. So with the understanding that I don't have to explain or justify any of this stuff:

Busse NMFBM LE, AK47, and I'm trying to be financially responsible (and keep a promise to my wife) and not buy the current offering (Boss Hog LE) - I'm sweating though. Throw in a Rodent Waki also.

ESEE 5 and 6, and probably a Junglas also.

Yes, a William Henry - one of the newer ones with the silver relief work with skull or dragon just for fun.

I've been liking the Fiddleback Forge Recluse and machetes.

A Phil Wilson or ten in super steel.

Probably a couple of fancier Murray Carter neck knives, White Cranes, and a short sword.

A custom Bob Kramer kitchen knife or two.

I'd say Spyderco but I've been on a binge lately and still have a few on pre-order (see promise to wife above). Well, the FFG Bushcrafter in S90V I heard mention of.

I have a Jason Theinsvold production knife but really like some of his high end custom Damascus work.

Anything custom from Bob Lum I could find.

A couple of the small Gransfors Bruks axes/hatchets that get a lot of air play here.

There are so many great makers out there and on this forum that I'm sure I "need" one from each. This should hold me for now.

What about guns?

I think I spelled a few things wrong and will come back to fix them.

Last edited:
Wally Hayes Hayabusa
Busse AK and a Swamorat Waki
Busse Tankbuster
Bugei "Peace" sword
Haslinger Chefs knives

A museum collection of vintage Sheffield made knives,nothing made after 1920!

Well, I would probably buy Large and small Seb with Umnum. I would probably also buy another large Seb and make give away here :D

After that, I would get Custom's from:
Bret Dowell
Ken Erickson
Enrique Pena
Tony Bose
Bill Ruple

and few other master's of traditionals :D

There are no cutlery stores near me so, I'd open one. Not just cutlery though.

It'd be a coffee shop/cutlery store set up with knife nuts in mind. Wi-Fi, membership for regular customers that would get 'em discounts or free coffee, and several TV's with the Lifetime channel, Oprahs channel and WE blocked.

Dead animals on the wall, smoking allowed, colorful language encouraged, custom made hardwood floors that squeak like the old hardware store you remember from your childhood.

No scones, donuts, bagels, fancy coffee, decaf or cappuccino. Just coffee.

Hope you'll all stop by after I hit the Lottery. ;)

Wow. Did you ever end up meeting the man? Darrel is extremely personable on the phone.

No, was gone from the Columbus area soon after college. Closest I got to his front yard was getting my '69 Camaro painted at the House of Colors in Sunbury. Trust me, if I was back in the area today, I would definitely be putting a Welcome Wagon basket on his porch . . . :D
Great guy from what I hear from friends of mine who have ordered his knives, & like you, say he is very professional & personable on the phone as well.
Be safe.

There are no cutlery stores near me so, I'd open one. Not just cutlery though. It'd be a coffee shop/cutlery store set up with knife nuts in mind. Wi-Fi, membership for regular customers that would get 'em discounts or free coffee, and several TV's with the Lifetime channel, Oprahs channel and WE blocked. Dead animals on the wall, smoking allowed, colorful language encouraged, custom made hardwood floors that squeak like the old hardware store you remember from your childhood. No scones, donuts, bagels, fancy coffee, decaf or cappuccino. Just coffee.
Hope you'll all stop by after I hit the Lottery. ;)

Ruperstris, this almost describes a restaurant in our little town where I grew up. The guy & his wife who owned it were avid hunters & "fisher people", and knew most of the local farmers by name & what they ate EVERY TIME they came in, my dad included. Didn't have cable back then so no t.v.'s, either a radio blaring or someone bit***** about the price of beans or corn, and even had the old rickety wooden floor with the big 3'x3' grates in the floor.
You get that store built & I will definitely come and leave some money with you . . . that is IF you allow us Buckeyes in . . . :D
(you knew I had to get that last sentence in, huh ? ? ? )
Be safe.

[/B]

You get that store built & I will definitely come and leave some money with you . . . that is IF you allow us Buckeyes in . . . :D
(you knew I had to get that last sentence in, huh ? ? ? )
Be safe.

Buckeyes will be welcome :thumbup:. Wouldn't want to alienate folks from the land of Busse Combat and Blind Horse ;).

There are no cutlery stores near me so, I'd open one. Not just cutlery though........
Dead animals on the wall, smoking allowed, colorful language encouraged, custom made hardwood floors that squeak like the old hardware store you remember from your childhood.

The first knife store i recall frequenting as a child also sold classy pipe tobaccoo and cigars, it reminded me of my grandfathers living room. Two things were ever present on his end-table. The candy jar, never empty, with those classic hard candies that were never taken only given. A pipe holder with a nice wood pipe, next to a jar of fragrent tabbaccoo.

I like the way you think Rupestris. ;)

A small case toothpick, and yea it would have the cheep yellow handels on it........Thats just to be used to open all the other stuff I will be recieving in the mail...:D

Large shop, things to cut metal, things to heat metal, things to grind metal.

While all that gets assembled, I will take my new free time and go find someone to apprentice with for a while.

Figure a decade or so I should be able to make what I want.

I think I would not buy anything special. Or probably some William Henry or something from gold class Benchmade - just for the ocasion, not because I want it so badly.
I believe that if I really want something - I will eventually get it even without a lottery. I am probably just very reasonable with my desires, I do not know...

Lots of customs with damascus & mammoth bark ivory(mostly DDR,RJM).

Back