You've just won the lottery!!! What do you buy?

Realistically, it would never happen - I don't pay the 'redneck tax' and buy lottery tickets. If it were a repeat of early last fall - my first SS retirement check arrival after 46+ years of contributions - I'd likely do just what I did. Considering then either a CRK Umnumzaan or the Lion Steel SR-1, I bought American - actually a Wilson Combat 'StarTac' Umnumzaan - my one and only CRK folder. I commemorated the date properly... that 'zaan is super.

Now, if the sky opened up and a bucket of gold dropped through my roof, first I'd fix that hole. Then - I'd send that bucket-o-gold to the IRS to apply to the national debt. Yeah, right. Well, it is a fairy tale, isn't it?

Seriously, a better question might be, "What knife do you still lust for these days?". A better thought - from a Sheryl Crow song. "... it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have.". I still want that Lion Steel knife!

Stainz

There are no cutlery stores near me so, I'd open one. Not just cutlery though.

It'd be a coffee shop/cutlery store set up with knife nuts in mind. Wi-Fi, membership for regular customers that would get 'em discounts or free coffee, and several TV's with the Lifetime channel, Oprahs channel and WE blocked.

Dead animals on the wall, smoking allowed, colorful language encouraged, custom made hardwood floors that squeak like the old hardware store you remember from your childhood.

No scones, donuts, bagels, fancy coffee, decaf or cappuccino. Just coffee.

Hope you'll all stop by after I hit the Lottery. ;)

^^^this. but it would also be a tobacconist and a bar. with lots of comfy leather couches....

knife wise? i probably end up with more customs than anyone would ever need, as well as one of every ESEE knife. with a martin swinkels sheath for each. :D

Knives would be the last thing on my mind to get right away if I won the Lottery....

There are a lot more important things to think about 1st.

Something I will never possess in real life.

b09archeologist.jpg

William Henry Archaeologist

If a million bucks landed in my the mailbox, I would buy three of every Spyderco knife that tickles my fancy.
Then I'd build a shop with a bunch of CNC machines and a salt bath and then I'd be out of money.

OK, you've hit it big in some lottery, and now to reward yourself, you get to buy what you would like and not worry about the price. What would you buy?
Edit: Edged tools only. No fast cars or fast women.

First I would pay my son's and mine debts for his school. Than family vacation. Fix house. And than I would contract Ed Schemmp to make Persian, Navaja, and Barong.

Randall #5 like the one I bought in college and was stolen over 30 years ago from me.

Send the ESEE catalog to the ESEE guys with my CC number on the cover.

That would take care of me.

Al

I would buy Bladeforums. Then I would allow people to talk about gadgets and gear in Wilderness and Survival Skills.

i would buy a terminator t100 to help me cut cardboard boxes. then i'll edc a custom emerson cqc12 for defensive use =D

I'd buy back all those knives I stupidly traded away in the past, and regret, including:

Chris English "Z" auto with pearl and damascus in a titanium frame
Benchmade 850 Pearl
Microtech Halo III
Bud Nealy Aikuchi
DDR Apogee 1 of 2 custom CF over nuggettized Ti 440V
Unique Graphic large Sebenza bought from Gad Blilious
William Henry Lancet in pearl and damascus
Microtech Socom silver plain edge 10/98
Benchmade 3000 auto with black handle
Protech "Whiskers" Magic auto with Jazz handles and black blade

After I found all my lost loves, I'd probably have a great time finding new things.

That's a bannable statement if ever I saw one.:D

I was just saying I would have a lot of things to do like find places to put the money and get organized then I would likely move and have to take care of all that getting things I need and maybe a house built. It would take some time to do all of that so knives wouldn't be on my mind at that point.

Just trying to be realistic.

I would be all the equipment needed and go to all the classes I could find and become a knife maker.

I'd talk to Sal over at Spyderco and see if he wanted an equity investor partner...

:)

TedP

Buckeyes will be welcome :thumbup:. Wouldn't want to alienate folks from the land of Busse Combat and Blind Horse ;).

Rupestris, same here with you. Have developed a pretty good relationship with Jim Howe of Howe's Knife Shop in your state. First thing we did was to get that Buckeye-Wolverine "thing" out of the way . . .:D
All kidding aside, it is a great state. Had some family that was from the Kalamazoo area (sp.??), & my first year roommate @ college was from the Detroit area. Went home with him for long week-end & we cruised (I think this is correct) Gratiot Avenue till the wee hours of the morning in his Gremlin (that street has to be 5-6 miles long or at least it seemed that way).
Ahhhhh, the good old days, a toast to the memories . . . :) :thumbup:
Be safe.

Back