You've just won the lottery!!! What do you buy?

I'd move to a knife friendly US state (Oregon, Idaho, etc) and go nuts. Love Bali's but can't own one so that would definitley be the first thing to buy.

I'd buy a high quality sword, lifetime sharpening service from the maker, a watermelon farm, and a trampoline. :thumbup:

My choices reflect my overall desire for a usable collection (no real safe queens) and probably my knife-newbieness (lack of knowledge of really nice custom knifemakers), but I'd go with:

Already on my "realistic" wish list:
Benchmade 707
Benchmade 555HG
Spyderco Manix 2
Spyderco Chokwe
Spyderco Assist

Only if I win the lottery...:
Benchmade 32 Morpho
Benchmade 51 Bali-Song
CRK Umnumzaan
CRK Sebenza 21 Large (Micarta inlays)
CRK Sebenza 21 Small (Bloodwood inlays)
Spyderco Street Beat

for starters...

I know that many people regularly carry their Sebbies (not lottery winners AFAIK), but I cannot justify dropping that much coin on any knife (especially a user knife), just short of winning the lottery.

Actually something similar to this has already happened to me. I put a $5 bet down on a draw and won $340. I ended up buying a BKRT Aurora with Amboynia burl handles.

I call it my ill-gotten gains knife.

IMG_7994small.jpg

Al Mar Shiva
Original Al Mar SERE and Pathfinder
CRK Large Sebenza
Strider Nightmare Grind
Microtech Halo

If I amassed a large sum of money (from whatever means) I would have a large wing added to my house and would start collecting old cutlery - not only from the beginning of this country but from other countries and older civilizations. Pocket knives, folders, fixed blades, daggers, swords, etc. - anything of interest, value or historical significance.

I would also buy new pieces that are held in high regard, because someday they will also be old pieces.

To buy a knife will give me 15 minutes of satisfaction, but to start a collection would mean a lifetime of research and seeking out the pieces - attending auctions, lurking the forums, etc.

I like your thinking.:thumbup:

Dwaine Carrillo damascus/ti X frame tunnel rat

Duane Dyer SnG

Have some customs done for me by :

Alan Folts
Eugene Iverson

Sure as hell wouldn't be a new knife! I'd be picking out the plot of mountain in NC for my green built log cabin fortress.

If I won the 1 million dollar lottery, I would purchase 1 million lottery tickets. I'm feeling lucky.

I'd walk into the nearest MEC and get completely outfitted buy an ESEE-6 and disappear onto the Appellation trail for a few months.Let all my mooching relatives thin out before coming home.

Jeez um every entrek emerson busse and every dervish custom, then id go realy nuts and start ommisioning designers id liked to go wild and do things for me kind alike that rediculous sword of the arch angel that darrel ralphmade.

Heck id get three of those, 2 to treasure and then use one to go nuts ala tosh.0

The entire Randall Collection. (I carry a #1 as my tactical) Jeff Randal's RAT knives.
I'd have Fred Carter design a custom folder.
Then go to knife and gunshows and buy what I want.
I daily carry a SOG Flash 2, a CRKT M-16 Titanium, and a Kershaw Chive. They are more than serviceable.

Forget the car, mountain house, beach house etc.

Tickets to Bastidville for the Blade Show. :D

Then some real damage to those winnings would take shape over the next 1 to 5 years or more.

Some great thoughts here. I especially like the idea of turning Bruce Bump loose on a project. For instant gratification I would pick up every Bose knife I could get my hands on at Blade.

g

Once all the bills were paid in full, and some other things were taken care of, I'd be giving away all my production knives. Full-on custom from then on for this kid! Always wanted a real classy doctor's knife pattern with genuine tortoise shell scales... I'd find a way to make that happen maybe with some reclaimed antique material.

I'd get 5 of every Mora and Gransfors Bruks they make.

And a SAK with damascus blades. And a super model to tote them for me.

Back