You've just won the lottery!!! What do you buy?

SOG KIKU (3 of each version, regular, dagger, tanto)
have a bunch of custom folders made
a couple of swords
a few custom fixed blades
(any custom is fully custom with no others being produced w/out my permission)

then put the rest into guns and cars
oh, and a lot of full auto permits and an FFL for my home address

and depending on how much the lottery is for, start a custom knife and gun shop
or buy out benchmade, SOG, spyderco, boker, kershaw, or CRKT

I'd get a one of a kind prototype Gil Hibbens fantasy knife out of sterling silver and blade steel in S30V or better with a belt clip for EDC! :D

A17-MC108070.jpg

Where do I start? after house and cars well just add a small (60x100) workshop somewhere on the property with a full knife and gun smithing setup.
Pretty much every GTC knife ever, and a few completely custom commissions from him too
A couple William Henry knives
a couple morris friction folders
like 30 spyderco's
some Al Mar's
A few CKRT's
Custom versions of all my production knives in Damascus, Ti, Carbon Fiber, and S30V
Go to Japan and help forge my own Katana's and a few custom blades to come back and make knives out of!
Most leathermans, also with custom damascus blades and Ti handles
A "couple" CRK's
some of the benchmade gold series
every "Razel" design currently offered by CKRT and Graham knives in damascus or S30V with carbon, Ti, G10, or exotic wood handles
A couple Gerber multitools, custom of course!
A few EOD Breacher Bars
a ton (Seriously, 2000lbs) of SAK's all modded with damascus or S30V blades and tools, custom exotic scales and the works
and everything else that interests me!

I'd get a case of Sebenzas, and use them for a grand practical joke.

I'd make up a story about getting them cheap from a pawn shop or inheriting them. I'd use them to cut linoleum and carpet, and go out of my way to abuse them. We're talking mumbly-peg and using them as throwing knives.

And then I'd throw them away when I got tired of them.

Just to make all of you guys squirm.

I'd get a case of Sebenzas, and use them for a grand practical joke.

I'd make up a story about getting them cheap from a pawn shop or inheriting them. I'd use them to cut linoleum and carpet, and go out of my way to abuse them. We're talking mumbly-peg and using them as throwing knives.

And then I'd throw them away when I got tired of them.

Just to make all of you guys squirm.
I would be the hobo rooting through your trash in that case

4 Bagwell Helle's Bell Bowies... two to use practice with and two to save .. :)

And--

2 Bill Bagwell folding Helles Belle Bowies.. :D

A few million from power ball might make it happen...

Last edited:
How much did I win? After buying my own country, I would buy out Sanrenmu and move its operation and some of its employees to my new country.
Then I would buy a couple of Lionsteel SR-1Bs. You know those gold handled Leeks? Yeah I would have a custom solid gold handled leek made, maybe have little diamonds as screw caps, or maybe thats going too far.. Next I would buy any BM Gold Class that struck my fancy.

Oh yah, I would buy a platinum membership here too:)

And If I don't have enough to buy my own country, then I would do everything I could to repeal stupid knife and weapon laws everywhere in the USA.

I love this thread...

First I would get in my custom orders for some Fiddlebacks, Koyotes, Marchands and Dfarmers. Then off to some Spydercos and Benchmades, a Randall, a few busses and some older grail Swamp Rats for me- the Dog Skinner, Rat Hunter and Desert Jack...

Then time to go custom sword shopping..

I'd harass a well known knifemaker into making me a custom fixed blade with the best materials, to my specifications.

I'd buy a reasonably sized house with cash, pay upfront in full for my youngest son's college prepay fund and then maybe 15-20K on a newer car. As for knives, I'd LOVE to have a custom made Hossom and a custom made Blackwood Skirmish. I'm sure there are at least a half a dozen production knives I'd want too as soon as I had the extra cash and once more important things were taken care of. Its fun thing to think about.....

After I took care of everything else that needed to be taken care of I'd get a Tony Bose custom. That's the knife that would be in my pocket regardless of what else I was carrying.

My knife purchases would be mostly customs made just for me.

Busse would be making me a Dragon Fang II
Bill Siegle would be making me a a few
I'd have Mr. Horton make me a few
the list goes on and on

I'd prob have it all spent in a couple of days.

I'd pay about 8-10 famous makers large sums of to come together and collab a knife project for me, and have three made of the same perfect custom. Then keep one in the safe, one out for display, and one in my pocket as a user.

Back