Zero Tolerance 0450

One of ZT's best selling lines right now. Unlike most ZTs it's light (under 3 ounces) and an excellent slicer. Like most ZTs it's still pretty tough, great materials and quality build with almost everything sourced and built in the U.S.

There are four choices but what's missing the most is a CF with S35VN for about $170.

Top to bottom:

• 0450CF
  • 0450SIG
  • 0450CFZDP

e5b3c671-ad3a-4ff1-bb3e-191966fb5e85_zps6xcngovf.jpg

0035b265-9621-4b1a-ab44-d4ee247f145c_zpskairdeam.jpg

05d915e4-9911-4497-931e-f33bb80f78b7_zpspkzeq0wl.jpg

Tel me more about the "SIG"?? I didn't know this one existed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried out the 0450 and desperately wanted to like it but...arg. It felt so small in my larger hand, and the clip kept moving around on me, covering the lock bar and making consistent flipping/opening a problem. I seriously considered trying out ZT's customer service to fix the clip-moving issue but it just didn't fit my hand right enough to justify keeping it.

Then again, I'm one of those people who thinks the ZT0456 is the bees knees, so mileage certainly varies. My husband's 0452 feels fantastic but lol it's like flipping open a sword. :D

It's very much a YMMV kinda thing. :thumbup:

Last edited:
sure is. IMO its how the 0450 should have been originally. Love the CF scale, polished hardware and the stonewashed and polished blade. When I saw it was available I jumped on it.

Yeah I always feel like opening the 0452 is like flipping open a sabre or something. Like popping open little shashka. My Spyderco Szabo is my other mini folding sword. It is like a pocket scimitar. Both of those knives overall have a very swordlike blade profile. Thin and long and slicey/stabby. I love those blade shapes.

Wanted to love this knife, as it checks almost all of my boxes and I prefer blades of this size. Finally got to borrow a friend's and it just felt much smaller in the hand than most knives of that length. Perfectly light and great action, but as people stated before it is easy to apply pressure to the lockbar if you have meaty hands. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this so I'm sure it's just some personal quirk of how it sits in my hand, but I wish the flipper tab were a hair longer. Occasionally when I push the lockbar aside I must be somehow applying pressure to the blade and it flips shut on my thumb (happened a few times, though never hard enough to draw blood). If the flipper were a bit longer it would catch on my thumb and keep it from swinging freely toward my hand.

Love my 0450CF. It's one of my best flippers and a great EDC knife. Really lightweight and packs a lot of cutting edge for how compact it is.

I would buy one if I were you. :thumbup:

I like mine and want to get the carbon fiber version...I did change the clip out like others have discussed. The 0452CF is still my favorite though...a larger blade but great overall!

I like mine, the blade size is perfect for me it is appropriate for a office type setting. I rotate between it and a shiro Neon for edc. it doesn't take long to figure out how to hold it to get it to open. ZT will send you a deep carry clip free. I need to get one in CF.

The 0450 is a great knife & one of my favorites. The materials, fit and finish are impeccable, and in my opinion the best available at the price point.

My only small complaint is that it's a little thick behind the edge, again, IMHO.

The ergos put off some people, but they work for me-- I would want something beefier through the grip for heavy use, however.

I've never had any difficulty with finger placement onto the lockbar during deployment; my middle finger naturally falls into the hollow of the pocket clip.
53585aae6cd48605fb4388163c96bed2.jpg

I was in love the first time I flipped this knife and remain so after a year of ownership.

I'm going to make the drive to the knife store in my state. I'm going to handle some of their ZT'S and see what I think. Hopefully I walk out with one, but if not maybe I'll find something else I like. Thanks for everyone's input and information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have a 0450 CF. This is a fantastic knife. Light weight, solid, great detent and fires open like a rocket. Overall, I find it very comparable to the ubiquitous Benchmade 940. Hell, it might even be better.

I'm not a fan of the standard pocket clip and did replace it with a deep carry version from MXG.

Has anyone else had poor edge retention with their 450? I have, and on a whim I went to YouTube to see if there were any cut tests done with it....and there was.

Some guy in Australia has done 2 tests with it and it performed poorly both times. Along the lines of 8cr and 14c28n he said. Not good.....

I'm sure some people here actually use their knives, for the people that use them - how's your edge holding up? If you merely just flip the thing 1000 times per day and cut your fruit, please don't chime in and tell me that it has been great for you. Not trying to be rude, honestly. Just wanted to say that bit. :D

Has anyone else had poor edge retention with their 450? I have, and on a whim I went to YouTube to see if there were any cut tests done with it....and there was.

Some guy in Australia has done 2 tests with it and it performed poorly both times. Along the lines of 8cr and 14c28n he said. Not good.....

I'm sure some people here actually use their knives, for the people that use them - how's your edge holding up? If you merely just flip the thing 1000 times per day and cut your fruit, please don't chime in and tell me that it has been great for you. Not trying to be rude, honestly. Just wanted to say that bit. :D
Yes, and previously he also tested another ZT in the same steel, with the same poor results. then he tested an S35VN Kizer which performed very well. he came at the conclusion that ZT's heat treatment on S35VN isn't great. I've owned two 0450's and I agree with him. I still like this knife though.

If you do get one, there's lots of ways to mod them. Clips, anodizing, scales, standoffs....including the new ones I'll be releasing soon.

Back