Zero Tolerance 0450

Has anyone else had poor edge retention with their 450? I have, and on a whim I went to YouTube to see if there were any cut tests done with it....and there was.

Some guy in Australia has done 2 tests with it and it performed poorly both times. Along the lines of 8cr and 14c28n he said. Not good.....

I'm sure some people here actually use their knives, for the people that use them - how's your edge holding up? If you merely just flip the thing 1000 times per day and cut your fruit, please don't chime in and tell me that it has been great for you. Not trying to be rude, honestly. Just wanted to say that bit. :D
Mine holds up for regular EDC tasks. I strop it routinely also. I think ZT has it rockwelled lower than most.

Yes, and previously he also tested another ZT in the same steel, with the same poor results. then he tested an S35VN Kizer which performed very well. he came at the conclusion that ZT's heat treatment on S35VN isn't great. I've owned two 0450's and I agree with him. I still like this knife though.

I tend to agree with him also. I've gotten some pretty performance in my regular day to day tasks. Spyderco's s30v blows it out of the water. Spyderco's s35vn is noticeably better also. The 450 performs worse than my CRKs which is saying something, because they aren't good with edge retention at all.

Very nice, I like the anodizing on the 450.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks. Did it with a few 9 volt batteries and some cola.

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

Got mine from Whitty at USAmadeblade and love it! The first day I had it I noticed the pressure on the lock bar issue. You'll get used to it after 10 mins of carry and use.
Great knife that carries like a 940.
Joe
96c185dcafde36b2b74ad97d81dad09b.jpg

NO DAT WB!!!
Took me some time to find that pic on my phone brother!!!
👍👍👍

Hi everyone, I just joined this great forum after reading alot of informative posts.

One question I disassembled my 0450 and have a little side to side bladeplay because I wanted it to drop shut. Its not that much but I was wondering is there any problem running it a bit loose? Thanks

P.S. anybody know why other zt knives have a plastic blue bearing case and the 0450 is metal?

Back