Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

ZT 0762 is now in stock at some dealers.

0762_1_2.jpg

0762_2__2.jpg

0762_3_.jpg

Part of me likes some of the styling ques but I can't get over the blade shape, curvature and yes the silly holes. Guess, I'm more traditional in my tastes.

What happened to no nonsense, tough, functional knives ZT?

What's wrong with the 308?

Nothing "wrong" w/it, except for the tan colored scale and tiger striped blade versions (neither of which I like in any knife) but nothing really "new" about it either.

Although I have a few knives with them (and, in fact, just bought a knife with some), I also don't particularly like "holes" in handles and do not particularly like the way it was done on the 0308.

These are the reasons why it's been a "hard pass" for me.

Last edited:
Nothing "wrong" w/it, except for the tan colored scale and tiger striped blade versions (neither of which I like in any knife) but nothing really "new" aobut it either.

Although I have a few knives with them (and, in fact, just bought a knife with some), I also don't particularly like "holes" in handles and do not particularly like the way it was done on the 0308.

These are the reasons why it's been a "hard pass" for me.
I see the tiger stripes as a homage to the original 300 series. I've seen some people dye the scales with good results and the hole doesn't bother me personally. But every knife is not for everyone, so luckily there are a lot for us to choose from. Just like whisky, eh?

Too much "stuff" happening in their current designs for me , hope they can pull some more classics out

I see the tiger stripes as a homage to the original 300 series. I've seen some people dye the scales with good results and the hole doesn't bother me personally. But every knife is not for everyone, so luckily there are a lot for us to choose from. Just like whisky, eh?

I was just responding to your "what's wrong with the 0308?" post above.

Of course, there are all kinds of people who like knives for different reasons. I'm just one of those to don't like the 0308 but I do agree with the concept of "different strokes for different folks" whether we're talking about knives or booze.

BTW, here's a link to photos of the knives currently in my ZT collection; no "see thru" holes in any of them. LOL! ;)

See: https://bladeforums.com/threads/kershaw-zt-picture-thread-lets-see-em.1160094/page-146#post-20537798

Last edited:
Rather than trying hard with these latest goofy in-house designs, ZT can simply focus on making 0606 and 0392 as regular production folders, and bring back its fixed blades.

I like a lot of the new(er) designs they have. The 0707, 0609, 0393, 0470 (which might be my next ZT.) Not to mention how underrated the 0357s are. People compare it to the Link but it’s so much more. Better grip, thicker liner lock etc.... I would like to see them switch the 0452CF to 20CV steel, or maybe do another sprint run with that knife. I feel bad for the people who didn’t have a chance to buy a 0566 new. And saying that Benchmade is the new ZT is hilarious. Maybe if you’re on a budget, but Benchmade is not even in the same class when it comes to QC, fit & finish, dependability, and toughness.
I am really liking the 0707 and will probably grab one, price notwithstanding. I like slim, stabby knives, and the looks of the 0707 are compelling.

I have a 0357 in my pocket. It is everything the 0350 and the 0566 weren’t, IMHO. My other ZTs are a 0450 and a 0462. I’d have a 0460 if the billboarding on the show side of the blade wasn’t so blatant. I’ll probably pick up a 0640 and a pair of replacement scales next, then perhaps that 0707.

Last edited:
0470 is a good looking and well built ZT. To me it is just a bit too small and too slim.

What's wrong with the 308?
Smaller choil/guard than the 0301, lack of thumb ramp jimping, worse hardware than the 0301, lack of reverse grip jimping, and a hole in the handle. Also, I prefer the external stop pins like the 0301 or Hinderer uses, which the 0308 doesn't use...

Smaller choil/guard than the 0301, lack of thumb ramp jimping, worse hardware than the 0301, lack of reverse grip jimping, and a hole in the handle. Also, I prefer the external stop pins like the 0301 or Hinderer uses, which the 0308 doesn't use...
When was the last time you were using a reverse grip? And honestly those are preferences, there is nothing wrong with the knife. It's a big sturdy folder

Last edited:
When was the last time you were using a reverse grip? And honestly those are preferences, there is nothing wrong with the knife. It's a big sturdy folder
You asked what was wrong with the folder, and I informed you from my perspective. Also, smaller handle screws, the hole in the framelock/handle, bearings, and no external stop pins - it isn't actually as robust as the ZT 0301. It's a solid big knife, but the 0301 is a different beast entirely. Also, not to mention especially when using gloves or in slippery conditions having the deeper guard/choil is a very important safety feature to have.

You asked what was wrong with the folder, and I informed you from my perspective. Also, smaller handle screws, the hole in the framelock/handle, bearings, and no external stop pins - it isn't actually as robust as the ZT 0301. It's a solid big knife, but the 0301 is a different beast entirely. Also, not to mention especially when using gloves or in slippery conditions having the deeper guard/choil is a very important safety feature to have.
Ok, fair enough.

I have a ZT 762 showing up on 9-June, so I will let everyone know my thoughts and if it’s a keeper or not.
Will post pics and action shots with sounds. I’m hoping they have this TDS detent perfected by now.

I did have the ZT 707 for about 3 days before I returned it. The ZT 707 should have been a 3” or 3.25” max blade, and a tad thicker handle, that would have alleviated the centering issues it was plagued with. The TDS detent on the 707 was way too soft and gave it a “Wet Noodle” feel when engaging flipper. You could tell the TDS was rushed to market and a first Gen implementation in the ZT 707.
Let’s hope that’s fixed on the ZT 762.

Back