Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

As initial thoughts:

I like the 0762, largely because I favor it's blade shape. Modified Wharn-ish with some belly. I think that combined with the handle angling slightly away from the blade, it has potential to be an excellent performer. I could do without the holes in the scales. I bet the ergos will be good.

I'm quite excited to experience the 0990's locking mechanism. Say what you will about ZT design (some of their stuff is a hard "no" for me), IMO their execution tends to be very good. In the end, I doubt the 0990 will be my kind of knife, but my opinion has been known to change once I handle something at a dealer.

I've never been a big fan of the 300 series, but the 0308 looks better with them than without.

As initial thoughts:

I like the 0762, largely because I favor it's blade shape. Modified Wharn-ish with some belly. I think that combined with the handle angling slightly away from the blade, it has potential to be an excellent performer. I could do without the holes in the scales. I bet the ergos will be good.

I'm quite excited to experience the 0990's locking mechanism. Say what you will about ZT design (some of their stuff is a hard "no" for me), IMO their execution tends to be very good. In the end, I doubt the 0990 will be my kind of knife, but my opinion has been known to change once I handle something at a dealer.

I've never been a big fan of the 300 series, but the 0308 looks better with them than without.

I like your thoughts on the new ZT's, as I am a big fan, and I do like what's coming. I just got my pre-oreder ZT 0308 Black Tiger Stripes yesterday. It really is a bad ass knife! I have the 0762 on pre-order as well...

Is it true the 0308TS has black oxide stripes vs. stonewashed DLC stripes on the blade? Black oxide is so inferior as a finish . . .

Well that's completely keeping within the context of the thread topic 🙄
Thanks, I wasn’t sure if I should post this or not for that exact reason. Your validation has calmed my shaky constitution which should help me get a nice restful sleep and I need it pal so I am in your debt friend.🤫🥱😴

Yuck! ZT has been consistently disappointing with their new stuff for a long while it seems like to me anyway! The 640 was the last model that appealed to me. Before that it was the 56x model. To each his own I guess. I would have liked ZT to a.version of the new Kershaw Strata or the XL...
Similar tastes.
My 561 was the last ZT I got prior to the 640. Nothing of interest to me since.

I like a lot of the new(er) designs they have. The 0707, 0609, 0393, 0470 (which might be my next ZT.) Not to mention how underrated the 0357s are. People compare it to the Link but it’s so much more. Better grip, thicker liner lock etc.... I would like to see them switch the 0452CF to 20CV steel, or maybe do another sprint run with that knife. I feel bad for the people who didn’t have a chance to buy a 0566 new. And saying that Benchmade is the new ZT is hilarious. Maybe if you’re on a budget, but Benchmade is not even in the same class when it comes to QC, fit & finish, dependability, and toughness.

Last edited:
I like a lot of the new(er) designs they have. The 0707, 0609, 0393, 0470 (which might be my next ZT.) Not to mention how underrated the 0357s are. People compare it to the Link but it’s so much more. Better grip, thicker liner lock etc.... I would like to see them switch the 0452CF to 20CV steel, or maybe do another sprint run with that knife. I feel bad for the people who didn’t have a chance to buy a 0566 new. And saying that Benchmade is the new ZT is hilarious. Maybe if you’re on a budget, but Benchmade is not even in the same class when it comes to QC, fit & finish, dependability, and toughness.

I think you're in the minority (at least here) as far as the newer designs are concerned. ZT has yet to issue a "new release" that I want to buy and all of the 38 knives in my ZT collection are "older."

One of my favorite ZTs has always been the 0452 and any "new" variations they can issue of it is fine w/me but I wouldn't buy anything just because it's "new." I've got 3 basic variations of the 0452 - the basic G10, the TiBLU and the TIRose. Would love to have an 0454 that someone here just scored but it's beyond my price range. The most ridiculous 0452 variation ever created IMO was the one w/the "glow in the dark" scales.

I also own a G10 0566 (just sold a CF version) but I only own it because it "completes" my set of 0560, 0562 and 0566 G10s. The 0562 is my favorite of the 3 because it is the best/most practical sized knife to me.

I only buy Benchmades for automatics and balis. Their folders never appealed to me but I wouldn't say that they are of lesser quality than the ZTs. For me, it's mostly the "styling" of the BM folders that I don't like. In this respect, I think the ZTs are better.

Last edited:
ZT 0762 is now in stock at some dealers.

0762_1_2.jpg

0762_2__2.jpg

0762_3_.jpg

Back