Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

Disappointing to say the least. Would have preferred an all blacked out/black washed 0308 instead of the tiger stripe, something about the tiger stripe reminds me of a gas station knife. ZT has been a real let down the last few years.

I'm also not a big fan of the tiger striped blades, but I'm sure they're popular and ZT knows what sells. I like the looks of the 762 but not sure about the bright blue with all the satin and CF. The 990 is definitely my favorite out of those 3.

The tiger stripe 0308 looks very good but I am really not enthusiastic about these models

No chance I drop my 0393 for one of those

Zero-Tolerance-0308BLKTS-Assisted-Opening-FL-Black-Tiger-Stripe-BHQ-120543-jr.webp
Zero-Tolerance-0762-TDS-FL-CF-Satin-BHQ-120545-jr.webp
Zero-Tolerance-0990-FL-CF-SW-BHQ-120546-jr.webp

3 new(ish) ZT's announced today. 0308BLKTS, 0762TDS, 0990

As initial thoughts:

I like the 0762, largely because I favor it's blade shape. Modified Wharn-ish with some belly. I think that combined with the handle angling slightly away from the blade, it has potential to be an excellent performer. I could do without the holes in the scales. I bet the ergos will be good.

I'm quite excited to experience the 0990's locking mechanism. Say what you will about ZT design (some of their stuff is a hard "no" for me), IMO their execution tends to be very good. In the end, I doubt the 0990 will be my kind of knife, but my opinion has been known to change once I handle something at a dealer.

I've never been a big fan of the 300 series, but the 0308 looks better with them than without.

I don't like the tiger stripe on 0308, but I actually like the other 2. I don't love them and have a crazy desire for them, but I'd like to see and play with both of them. I can see them growing on me... but there are too many other knives that are ahead of these on the knives I want to see and play with list, partially because so many different knives have been produced over the last few years. So, it won't be easy for anyone to stay at the top.

That being said, ZT will always have a place in my heart and I try to cheer for them.

Three new ZTs introduced today!

ZT 0762 with a 20CV steel Sheepsfoot 3.4" blade, KVT, TDS, Sub-Frame Lock, weighing just 2.9 ounces and a street price of $320.
0762_profile_web.png

0762_clipside-closed_web.png

ZT 0990 with a 20CV steel Spear Point 3.25" blade, KVT, Inset Liner Lock, weighing just 2.9 ounces and a street price of $220.
0990_profile_web.png

0990_clipside-closed_web.png

ZT 0308BLKTS with a 20CV steel Drop Point 3.75" blade, KVT, Titanium Frame Lock (Hardened Steel Lockbar Insert), weighing 6.9 ounces and a street price of $320.
0308blkts_profile_web.png

0308blkts_clipside-closed_web.png

No thanks. Ugh. Maybe they are going for a different demographic these days.
I think the video Ramzar posted below pretty well supports that thought. A guy in a suit, taking pictures of his ZT next to some nice whiskey (ostensibly to post to Instagram), and the knife sitting behind his computer keyboard. Nothing wrong with that; I spend five days a week working indoors and generally have to find occasion to hard-use my knives throughout the workweek. That said, their new knives don't appeal to me much, nor have they for awhile now.

Yuck! ZT has been consistently disappointing with their new stuff for a long while it seems like to me anyway! The 640 was the last model that appealed to me. Before that it was the 56x model. To each his own I guess. I would have liked ZT to a.version of the new Kershaw Strata or the XL...

Yuck! ZT has been consistently disappointing with their new stuff for a long while it seems like to me anyway! The 640 was the last model that appealed to me. Before that it was the 56x model. To each his own I guess. I would have liked ZT to a.version of the new Kershaw Strata or the XL...

Mine was the 0055. I think that getting away from producing consumer grade versions of the knives that are propelling the custom/maker market is a bad choice. I couldn't get a GTC Airborne, so I was excited for the 0055.

Back