Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

Well not exactly. ZT clips can be swapped out, sure, but they aren't very deep if that is important to you. It's more like buying a Ferrari and wondering why the windshield wiper switch is mounted in the back of the glovebox.

I never had an issue with them. Actually, I have never been put off by any pocket clip. I just deal with it as part of the design.

I get that, but would say that the 0300 did not have a deep carry clip. If one prefers a deep carry, which is really the only reason one would not like this "0920" style clip, there are many options that are or will pop up on the 'bay for $20 to get that knife down in pocket, which I will go on record as preferring.

I still like my analogy better, Jake :p but agree that it's not a deal breaker on any knife. Remember the OG Volt?

best

mqqn

Obviously to sell $20 custom pivot tools.

Dude, if I'm dropping a quarter mil on a car, they'd damn well better set the radio station for me ahead of time.

Ha! Touche! Get that dang salesman back in here STAT!

By the way, half inch open end wrenches are not exactly hard to find.

best

mqqn

Neither are standard issue US quarters, but Hinderer still sells the armorer's tool for quite a lot ;)

You know ZT is going to be selling a custom tool to go with this knife.

Neither are standard issue US quarters, but Hinderer still sells the armorer's tool for quite a lot ;)

You know ZT is going to be selling a custom tool to go with this knife.

I would be willing to make that a bet; If they come out with a custom half-inch open end wrench to adjust this knife, I will renew your BF membership out a year. If they DON'T come out with a custom half-inch open end wrench to adjust this knife, you will add a year to my "goldship".

I can't see them being so specific about .5" to come out with a half-inch wrench too. It's not a 609, but I have been wrong before, ask my wife.

best

mqqn

A custom ZT tool?!? Where do I sign up?!
I am sure it will be posted on some InstaFaceTwitGram.com site very soon, get your cash lined up!!

best

mqqn

Love it when ZT puts out what people have been asking for, and the butt hurt still persists. Just say "not for me".

They are an American company, making amazing knives in house with skilled American labor....personally that means something to me. I don't care if I have to swap a clip, doesn't bother me if they make a special tool either. I bet most people here spent a few extra $$ on tools for their AR or other proprietary tools and they don't whine about it the way knife guys complain here. This thread is always good for a laugh.

Ha! Touche! Get that dang salesman back in here STAT!

best

mqqn
I'm completely with you on this. All that means is if you come to a situation where you might need to adjust the knife in the field you can with anything that covers a .5 inch nut. (Be that a wrench, channelocks, adjustable spanner, leatherman, etc...)

Of course most people here included talk about using their knives more than actually using them so I don't see why all the butthurt! Not like you'll ever need to!! Lol:)

Also, my iPhone was preset to KidzBop on Apple Music...is that good or bad? I’m still not sure, but I like their rendition of “Wrecking Ball”

Yeeeaaahh, I’ll totally be onboard for this. Also, Rival1314 Rival1314 has it right, this knife is exactly what people have been clamoring for, for the most part. No high-end dress-up materials, just honest scales and a big stout blade. I honestly don't get the criticism.

Last edited:
As someone who owns an original 0301, this does nothing for me. I am not a fan of that cutout near the pivot - that's just an extra opening for lint/debris to gather. That pivot is ugly, discounting the fact it uses a less common tool for adjustment. I think some of the edges of the forward end of the scale could be contoured more - they look rather blocky compared to the lines of the blade.

Where ZT could easily stand to make some $ and take some of mine is to re-release some of the older knives. Sometimes what's old is as good as new. I think they peaked around the time the first Hinderer and Sinkevich collabs came in, but I haven't really been interested in the newest generations of blades.

The milling pattern on the scales makes me feel like I'm looking at a knife from 2012...which is what they were going for I suppose, what with it being a part of the 300 series.
I also find the G10 scale repulsive; never liked one side of the handle being a different material from the other.

Back