Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

I guess anymore Hinderer collabs are dead?

Given how Hinderers have come down in price, a ZT Hinderer would be much more of a direct competitor now than it was before when people would buy a Hinderer design ZT and then decide if they wanted to spend the additional like, four hundred dollars in order to own the actual thing. With XM-18s having come down in price, a ZT at $250-$300 would be more of a direct threat. That's just my opinion.

Yes the retail price difference between the ZT/Hinderer and the real deal has become smaller, mainly due to ZT price increase. So I would say the compition is more of a threat to ZT than to Hinderer.

A ZT Hinderer 0562TI with all titanium handle and 20CV goes for $280.00.

A Hinderer XM-18 3.5" with 20CV and G-10 on presentation side goes for $425.00 and to replace the G-10 with TI adds another $200.00 or $625.00 in all.

6.9oz that's just about 1 oz shy of 1/2 a pound? in your pocket? i wear cargo shorts year round and honestly 99% of my ZT's don't get carried anymore .. I usually carry my ultratech and protech tr3 swat or a pm2.. honestly as i get older i want less weight in my pockets not more.. i hope ZT makes a nice slim knife like a beefier 0450 or some sort of bugout competition

6.9oz that's just about 1 oz shy of 1/2 a pound? in your pocket? i wear cargo shorts year round and honestly 99% of my ZT's don't get carried anymore .. I usually carry my ultratech and protech tr3 swat or a pm2.. honestly as i get older i want less weight in my pockets not more.. i hope ZT makes a nice slim knife like a beefier 0450 or some sort of bugout competition
I am with you. Less than zero interest anymore in heavy bricks in my pocket. Not knocking those bricklayers out there who love to that though. Anymore I am all about light, small, non-budget materials. That’s my niche from this point on.

Seems like some of y’all have unrealistic expectations. The 308 doesn’t appeal to me but it is new and a move forward. Newsflash, if you want to wear flimsy clothes and/or complain about a sturdy knife being heavy, your opinion on ZT is irrelevant. Compete? With a bugout? Lmao.

I am with you. Less than zero interest anymore in heavy bricks in my pocket. Not knocking those bricklayers out there who love to that though. Anymore I am all about light, small, non-budget materials. That’s my niche from this point on.

I would love To see ZT make a shingorov type knife .I would love to see a tactical gents folder by someone other than sinckevich. And a premium 3.5 in folder like the child of a 0450 and an 0562 or maybe the skinny Hinderer.

Bring the 0566 back with bearings/no assist. Done.

I just have a feeling we’ll never see any more Hinderer collabs from ZT.

Seems like some of y’all have unrealistic expectations. The 308 doesn’t appeal to me but it is new and a move forward. Newsflash, if you want to wear flimsy clothes and/or complain about a sturdy knife being heavy, your opinion on ZT is irrelevant. Compete? With a bugout? Lmao.
There are plenty of 'sturdy' knives that don't weigh that much. In fact, ZT themselves have made knives that aren't as heavy. It's an entirely reasonable criticism, and for what it's worth, I personally don't even care about the weight.

There are plenty of 'sturdy' knives that don't weigh that much. In fact, ZT themselves have made knives that aren't as heavy. It's an entirely reasonable criticism, and for what it's worth, I personally don't even care about the weight.
Yeah an 0450 titanium weighs what 2.9 oz about 4oz lighter and sturdy as hell .. a pm2 weighs half as much and I've seen people baton that thing... Sorry I don't need to carry a Medford in my pocket . Might as well carry a Leatherman at that point

At 6.9oz and 8.9" overall, you could get the AD-10 that's arguably stronger for the same weight but almost half the price(sometimes even lower, around $108-130). You can also get the AD-15 for the same advantage of additional strength and fidget factor for 1/2 the price.
The extra premium ZT has is the 20CV steel and a chunk of titanium i guess. For the knife's intended purpose, it probably makes more sense to go with the above option with washers instead of KVT ball bearings.
Not here to bash ZT, this is a sweet design, just trying to put this in context here.

Last edited:
Coming soon, the beefy ZT 0308 with a 3.75" blade length of stonewashed 20CV (0.156" thick), weighing 6.9 ounces, 3D textured bead-blasted titanium back and coyote tan G-10 front, adjustable custom pivot nut, titanium frame lock with steel lock bar insert, KVT ball bearings flipper opening and a street price of $300.00.

Reminds me of the old 0300/0301 series but better with KVT ball bearings instead of SpeedSafe Assisted Opening and 20CV instead of S30V for $300 vs. $275!

0308_profile_1020x400.png

0308_clipside-closed_1020x400.png

0308_in-hand_1020x400.png

What's the hole behind the pivot for? Some kinda oxygen tank wrench or some other purpose? It's not just a cosmetic hole to collect dirt and pocket lints, and will serve some kinda functional purpose right......

I would be willing to make that a bet; If they come out with a custom half-inch open end wrench to adjust this knife, I will renew your BF membership out a year. If they DON'T come out with a custom half-inch open end wrench to adjust this knife, you will add a year to my "goldship".

I can't see them being so specific about .5" to come out with a half-inch wrench too. It's not a 609, but I have been wrong before, ask my wife.

best

mqqn

I wonder why they won't just put a T10 or T15(if they wanna GO BOLD). Or perhaps reuse the hex nut type pivot on 0300/0630 models.. If they want field serviceable, why not just a flathead slot?
Not complaining or being unappreciative with ZT "back to the root" hard use design, this knife looks very sweet. Just trying to rationalize some of the design decisions here. ZT is not trying to be different for the sake of being different right?
It's important to have product differentiation in this market, but differentiation != being different IMO.

Yeah an 0450 titanium weighs what 2.9 oz about 4oz lighter and sturdy as hell .. a pm2 weighs half as much and I've seen people baton that thing... Sorry I don't need to carry a Medford in my pocket . Might as well carry a Leatherman at that point

Or we can carry this. It's 5.2oz, it can pry, it can cut, it can smash(carbide tip), it has a hook that cuts everything from packages, letter, cords, straps, seatbelt etc., and it has a deep carry clip. It has 0.25" pivot, wide bronze washers and thick steel liners too. It's not pretentious, doesn't have fancy material and milling, and can be found for $85 at certain place at the moment(been this price for more than a week).

80859587_2654904647962812_1824706736162625296_n.jpg

Or we can carry this. It's 5.2oz, it can pry, it can cut, it can smash(carbide tip), it has a hook that cuts everything from packages, letter, cords, straps, seatbelt etc., and it has a deep carry clip. It has 0.25" pivot, wide bronze washers and thick steel liners too. It's not pretentious, doesn't have fancy material and milling, and can be found for $85 at certain place at the moment(been this price for more than a week).

Yeah no thanks

That's a hard no all around for me.

Back