Zombie Slayer anyone?!?

you guys are killin' me....LOL

I'll definitely put this one down "on paper" (CAD) and make a prototype next week. Sounds like a fun project. I like all the ideas so far. I don't even want to THINK about a sheath for this one...!!!! :eek:

What are we looking at in terms of overall length? blade thickness?

Hollow grind prefered?

I agree about it being very *pointy*....definitely!! :thumbup:

Dan

Whatever you make put a knuckle gaurd on it, but think brain piercing ability on the punch. Do not overlook the knuckle gaurd. When things get close it'll be nice to have.

In my opinion it should be a 7 or 8 inch blade and another 5 for the handle. That would give a decent size and still be "fairly" small and easy to use. Maybe 3/8ths stock?

either that or go all out with a 12" blade and 7 inch or so handle for the hand and a half.

Either way a hollow-grind would be sexy.

This is mine:

zombieblade.jpg

Matt Zeeb did the work...

Daughter's bookmark- Shows a zombie with string tangled all around his hands and says "Zombies are bad at knitting"-lol

My zombie bumper sticker-"I don't brake for zombies"

Im just thinkin samurai swords. I mean those things are light and do the damage they were meant to do...

Swords are CRAZY to grind....I think I'll go nutz....!

It's bad enough grinding the Survivors and Monster Nessies.

I stand at the grinder for an hour without moving just to rough 'em out. FORGET doing more than a few per day....my arms are DEAD after wards...

But a 20" blade? Holy Smokes....

Is HE-MAN looking for a job perhaps?

:D :eek: :p

Dan

He looks like a natural...just imagine a big grinding wheel right in front of him...he's ready to go!!!

he-man.jpg

Ok - I did a drawing for this one. Let me know what you think!

attachment.php

12" blade
6.5" handle

Dan

Attachments

• ZombieSlayer1.gif
    ZombieSlayer1.gif
    2 KB · Views: 467
Nice drawing! What kind of steel do you think? You could use ZDP (short for Zombies: Dead Punks), which they would be with that hacker in your hand. Or maybe one in EACH hand!! :D

The cool thing about this handle is that it would be very feasible to use it one-handed....it's big enough for hand+and+a+half....and if you put your finger in the ring, you can get the better part of both hands on it. ;)

To be a true Zombie Slayer I think it would need to be 440C, don't ya think?

I might be talked into D2 or A2, though....

Dan

oops...that was tongue-in-cheek...I meant to add a smiley. :D

Dan

Ok - I did a drawing for this one. Let me know what you think!

attachment.php

12" blade
6.5" handle

Dan

I don't like the triple holes in the blade. Lengthen the blade about another 3" and a bit longer on the handle.

I'd be in for one. :)

Back