Zombie Slayer anyone?!?

This new design is GREAT! Slip some Glow In The Dark green handles on there from Shadetree and it's Zombie ready!

That'd be freakin sweet. :D:D:D Was thinking about having a custom sheath system made like the one Wesley Snipes wears in Blade. No practical use for it, though if there was a zombie outbreak it'd be perfect.

got any pics of the sheath system?

Dan

Dan, I took your 12" blade drawing and rotated the handle clockwise 10 degrees.

ZombieSlayer3.gif

With that upswept point, stabbing should not be compromised, but chopping (as in necks!) should be improved. Whatcha think?

Dan, I took your 12" blade drawing and rotated the handle clockwise 10 degrees.

ZombieSlayer3.gif

With that upswept point, stabbing should not be compromised, but chopping (as in necks!) should be improved. Whatcha think?

I like this. :thumbup:

seems a little too much.

For thrusting, you want the tip to be inline with a line drawn through the middle of the handle.

Dan

Here's a drawing with the blade rotated about as far as I would want to take it.

attachment.php

Top is "before" (as it was drawn last time I uploaded)
Bottom is "after"

Attachments

• ZombieSlayer11.gif
    ZombieSlayer11.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 420
And here's a pic of it "done up"...:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• ZombieSlayer12.gif
    ZombieSlayer12.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 417
Here's a drawing with the blade rotated about as far as I would want to take it.

attachment.php

Top is "before" (as it was drawn last time I uploaded)
Bottom is "after"

I like the original. The bottom might be a slightly better chopper, but I think for slashing/stabbing the top would be better suited.

micarta handle?

Ok, here's 5 degrees of handle tilt. 10 was a bit much.

ZombieSlayer12.gif

This picture just looks to me like it would feel better in hand-- hard to say without actually whipping one around, though. I dig it either way. :D

Last edited:
got any pics of the sheath system?

Dan

Here is a link to one they sell online:
blade-sword-of-the-daywalker-tactical-scabbard-fullimage.jpg

I am not exactly sure what he used in the movie, the movie poster makes it look like the sheath/scabbard was sown to his vest.

A drop leg loop and some leg straps might be best though. Then again, maybe you can have a setup where you had both option. Pretty sure I've seen sheaths like that.

Handles like this:

Normal:
DSC05761.jpg

Charged with a Surefire flashlight, shown in normal lighting:
DSC05762.jpg

In the dark!
DSC05769.jpg

Sweet !!!

I'll definitely have to get some - love it!

Dan

The photo where they are glowing the dark is cool, though they don't seem like they'd be too grippy. Could there be a liner of pure glow in the dark material? Over which a canvas micarta of some sort? Would do glow inserts too. Just some thoughts on the subject.

That's Glow In the Dark Micarta from Todd at Shadetree Phenolics, shown on a Fiddleback Forge Bow Legged Chopper. You can get other colors of micarta, too, but I hear that Green is the brightest. Really neat stuff, as is everything from Shadetree. Dan's Zombie Slayer and this GITD stuff would just be cool.

Finished the way those in the pics are, they aren't as grippy as some canvas micarta and G10 stuff - it would interesting to see how they would turn out after sand blasting like Dan does sometimes.

Finished the way those in the pics are, they aren't as grippy as some canvas micarta and G10 stuff - it would interesting to see how they would turn out after sand blasting like Dan does sometimes.

That is true. That or a texture of some sort. Deep grooves maybe. Sand blasting and deep grooves even. :thumbup: Cool stuff in any case. The material looks like marble, imagine an entire countertop made from that. :D

Back