Zombie Slayer anyone?!?

I would definitely be more likely to OVER-beadblast the handles on this one....since a slippery handle from undead blood on the handle is a big NO-NO when slaying Zombies...!!! :eek:

And my understanding of the material leads me to believe that beadblasting would have little effect on the glow properties. I actually have several bottles of the stuff myself and was going to make this very thing about 4-5 years ago and lost interest. I'm happy to see someone doing it...and seemingly doing well.

Crazy part - Shadetree was 2 tables down from me at the Blade Show....argh....

Anybody have his phone number? I'm having a hard time finding contact info...*shrug*

Dan

Wow! I am really liking this. Depending on price this will be my first Koster.

I'm thinking something like the K-Boar with a persian sweep to the blade. please excuse the poor photoshoping skills, but something like this:

Zombie.jpg

This looks great!

.22 magnum 6 inch barrel, 50 rd capacity with a silencer in your strong hand and a 24 inch blade sword in your weak hand.

Nice....:D :eek: :p

Hey guys - what kind of pricing would you be comfortable with? If I have a "target" price, I can adjust materials/finish/process to see if I can hit it.

Can't do this one under $250....and expect a sheath to add $100 or more.

Dan

$300 base sounds about right. What about a 1085 / 1080 version? I don't think edge retention is a key player here, but toughness.

Nice....:D :eek: :p

Hey guys - what kind of pricing would you be comfortable with? If I have a "target" price, I can adjust materials/finish/process to see if I can hit it.

Can't do this one under $250....and expect a sheath to add $100 or more.

Dan

I didn't think it'd be less than $300 based on the other knives you make and the sheer size of this knife(material cost). $100 for the sheath seems right too.

Where is the crying smiley when you need it.:grumpy: Will be one sweet knife though.

Yeah, I knew it would be around $300, especially if one ordered a handle upgrade - Irondwood, Glow In the Dark Phenolic, etc. I probably wouldn't order a sheath - this knife would just be for the sheer awsomeness of holding and beholding.

I would love to do it for $300. Seems like a sweet spot to me.

And since a hollow grind is a MUST, can't send the blades out for grinding....will be done by hand here and I will be :grumpy: for about 3 weeks...and then I'll get over it. :p

Dan

Any idea on how many will be available on the first run? I'd imagine when a final knife is put together there will be more interest in this project.

I imagine probably just 10-15.

They will be a HUGE pain to make....LOL

But I can't believe I've survived this long without one!

DOWN WITH ZOMBIES!!!!

I got great news, guys!

I am having one cut by waterjet this week. Meaning, I'll be able to have a prototype to send around for passaround.

Will be a killer passaround knife.....aren't most passarounds folding knives?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, when the 1st prototype is done I'll start a sign-up list for the passaround and we'll see what you guys think. ;)

Dan

I imagine probably just 10-15.

They will be a HUGE pain to make....LOL

But I can't believe I've survived this long without one!

DOWN WITH ZOMBIES!!!!

I got great news, guys!

I am having one cut by waterjet this week. Meaning, I'll be able to have a prototype to send around for passaround.

Will be a killer passaround knife.....aren't most passarounds folding knives?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, when the 1st prototype is done I'll start a sign-up list for the passaround and we'll see what you guys think. ;)

Dan

A huge pain...

to the zombies!

I'll watch for that passaround signup. :thumbup:

:D:D Awesome. Can't wait to see the prototype and would be a pleasure to be part of the passaround. Most passarounds do seem to be folders, though this will certainly be something different.

Zombies beware!

Hopefully we'll get Shadetree on board for this prototype. :thumbup:

Dan

Back