Zombieassassin's Stroke Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieassassin

Platinum Member
Hey Brothers! I have been a member here for a few years. I am thankful and lucky to be alive and able to type these words. God is good! My Faith has taken a strong move forward.
I say this because 6 days ago I woke up with the whole left side of my body completely numb and stiff. Long story short...I had a Stroke. I am 42yrs old and never thought it could happen to me. I am fit, active, and have a very physically demanding job. Unfortunately I smoked almost 2 packs a day and that is what almost killed me last Thursday. Everyday I have gotten a little better, I couldn't even write my name much less type anything. I am very Blessed and thankful to be alive.
Unfortunately this event has caused me to not be able to work for at least 6 weeks or more depending on my recovery. I have NEVER been one to ask for any type of hand out or help. But this time I am surrendering everything to God and am letting what happened to me be a lesson to myself and hopefully encourage others to stop smoking before it is too late. As I said...I'm not one to accept charity or help very easily but, I feel moved to let you guys know I am struggling to make all ends meet. With having to start rehab this Friday and not able to return to work until released from my Dr, I am a little overwhelmed with everything that will be piling up due to my unemployment. I know I am not the only one here who is a stroke survivor and would love to talk to anyone that would be willing to help me. Times are tough for me but I am trying to keep a positive mindset and focus on my recovery.
Thanks to all you guys for just being there...and please stop smoking. My Dr said I am a lucky SOB.....well I feel moved to spread that word. So Glad to be alive and fortunate to help others in the future.
God Bless. Thoughts and prayers for my Family also since this affects them as well. My Goal is to be able to do the Get Up Dance again with my 7yr old daughter who happens to be the light of my life.

Last edited:
Sorry for your troubles and hope that you recover quickly I would love to help out but with christmas just gone me and bigbadgoth are tapped .
Injust sold a knife on here but had the funds appropriated already .
Hope you get some assistance .
Ironkid

I'm glad that you are on your way back. Hopefully you will be back on your feet soon.

Is there no sick leave and in the US? In Sweden I get 80% of my salary (90% if I join a union) when I get sick. Seems really cruel to me that you don't have a system for that. And don't let me start on your "healthcare system".

I was unemployed for a month before I had my Stroke. I was set to start a job on Thursday but had a Stroke instead. I am Union also...just didn't qualify for my disability because my stroke happened more than 15 days from my last day worked. I was laid off the second week of Dec. Don't qualify for much....I barely meet requirements on my insurance but have that part taken care of. So my meds and visits to PT are covered for now. Dr says I should be a full recovery within weeks. Fingers crossed!

Our health is arguably the most precious thing we have. Prayers sent to you for strength, a speedy recovery and return to good health as well as for your family during this trial. Stay strong and please give up the cigarettes.

OMG! Thanks to all! God is so good. Thank you guys so much for the time to think about me and more.....I am forever grateful for all that has been done. You guys are Amazing and really good at getting a 42yr old man to cry his eyes out....thanks so much guys. Much love and respect to all of you!
You guys are Amazing.....thanks soooo much!

Last edited:
A big double THANKS Sixx! Your inbox is full brother! I am in awe of the support you guys are giving my family and I.
Words cannot express the thanks and gratefulness I have for all of you. God Truly is King and works in wonderous ways.

I really have no way to help other than to tell you my personal experience. My birth father had a stroke at age 41 and he is the fittest man that I know. He runs 5-10miles every day and still had a stoke. That was like 7 years ago and he has been ok ever since his recovery and is still working construction.

You will get back to that point eventually! It will be the hardest work of your life, but it's possible! Good luck and stay positive my friend! Full recovery is going to take some time...

Hope things come good for you as soon as possible !!! Life can really kick you down sometimes but as long as you get back up there's hope. After seeing the seeing the generosity of the Hogs in the bush fire thread it's clear this Community is a caring bunch :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back