ZT 0230!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by RobertK, Nov 3, 2019.

1. wovivi

wovivi

Apr 26, 2013
    I hear you on the cost. I am just wondering what the consensus is on what the price should be? I would personally think around the $150 price point, but that’s just me. I just picked one up on the forum for around that price to check it out. I’m actually looking forward to comparing it to my Proper.

2. RobertK

RobertK post tenebras lux

Dec 1, 2010
    I loved my proper. I really want to end up with the CF version, but it's priceir than I've been willing to shell out. FWIW, I like the design and feel of the 0230 more. In real usage, though, I tend to prefer clip points.

I'm hoping to see some more people chime in after having one to see how our experiences match up. At this point, I am super happy w/ the knife. My one real complaint is I think it would benefit from a slimmer blade stock. But I am still very much stoked on the knife.

3. GLOUGLOU

GLOUGLOU

Aug 22, 2006
    Got mine today.
    My best friend offer it to me for my birthday. I love it. Nice edc sized, light and sharp. Perfect edc

mqqn and RobertK like this.
  4. RobertK

Dec 1, 2010
    BF deal on these for 149! If you’re on the fence, buy it now!

unsure if the vendor I’m looking at is a a sponsor.

TheFactor likes this.
  5. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Just saw the deal and couldn’t resist !
    Been checking it out for a while now and finally made it happen :thumbsup:

Gary W. Graley and RobertK like this.
  6. TRfromMT

TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    Refreshing this thread with a couple questions. Anyone have this side by side with a Proper 318 yet? I know the difference in specs from published info, but how about quality, finish (vs. the 319-2 if I'm being picky), walk and talk, etc.?

How is the action versus the Hinderer Slippy?

7. TRfromMT

TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    Refreshing this thread with a couple questions. Anyone have this side by side with a Proper 318 yet? I know the difference in specs from published info, but how about quality, finish (vs. the 319-2 if I'm being picky), walk and talk, etc.?

How is the action versus the Hinderer Slippy?

8. RobertK

Dec 1, 2010
    I’ve never handled the Hinderer slippy. I don’t have a proper anymore but it’s similar in size but lighter.

The actions are not comparable with one being a traditional slip joint and the other using detents.