ZT 0801CF In The "Wild"

Ill have mine Tuesday it seems or thats what it says on tracking site. Im feeling lucky to steal one at this point for one at 299$ to my door...

I was going to throw mine in my pocket, but things are looking like it might make more sense to keep it NIB. It is a flipper afterall. :p

Hi ZT, I wouldnt be against subsequent runs of this down the road. If collectability (collector's freaking out) is enough of an issue though, how about different versions perhaps another color on the Ti, different steel like Bohler K294, maybe a coated blade... It's too nice to simply retire IMO.

If I remember correctly the MSRP for the 0801CF was $340 and thus the MAP (20% less than MSRP) would be $272. KnifeCenter incorrectly had the MSRP at $320 which makes the MAP $256.

My card was charged , so at least they stuck to their word so to speak.

Last edited:
I contacted a few retailers and managed to snag one. It is supposed to ship Monday. So I will pass on HOPE to all of my fellow collectors. I emailed national knives and they did not sell any preorders. I simply emailed and asked if they had received their shipment yet and this is the response:
The good news is no, not yet. The best I can tell you is start looking early next week after 4:00 PM Eastern, it is what I have been telling all who ask. I have taken zero preorders, zero backorders, and will not be sending out any emails. I MAY post an announcement to Facebook, but I expect that once they go live, I may not have time.

Good Luck to my fellow collectors!

Last edited:
Too rich for my blood, but I'd love to have one.

Maybe Kershaw will go mainstream with them later.

Too rich for my blood, but I'd love to have one.

Maybe Kershaw will go mainstream with them later.

Fortunately, the regular 0801 is an awesome knife, and with a little custom work can look really great. You can also get one for a heck of a lot less than this one.

Just got mine and all i can say is WOW! Iv'e got 4-5 customs that don't flip as well and for the price and materials used it's an epic value Imo.

The detent is perfect and it fires like a rocket! Super smooth, fit and finish are great and it fits my hand perfectly, was considering "flipping" this one.... no chance now!

My only nitpick is that the grind on one side of the blade is a little uneven but that's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

My second ZT and is light years better than the 0560 that i had... and for about the same money too!

Last edited:
My card was charged $256, so at least they stuck to their word so to speak.

They are to be commended this time for honoring that price. They didn't have to. They have made gross pricing errors on preorders before and obviously could not honor them, luckily this wasn't off by much. Glad it worked out for us, they're going for as high as $400 maybe more!

Mine's via UPS ground, an agonizing seven days. It gets here friday :D

I was on Kershawguy's preorder but sadly he didnt have enough to get to me. Weird though because I thought I asked to get in right when they announced it. Some of you guys are just too fast! Hope I'm early enough on the 0454 but I think it was in the same Email request as the 801CF :eek:

Back