ZT 2018 LINEUP

I have the super duper named 0452CFBLUBLKM390, it's nice but ended up not being used much because I was iffy about scratching up the DLC on a Sprint Run.

I completely understand.

What I cannot fathom a reason for is ZT, Spyderco, Buck, etc., not making enough sprints / factory customs, when they do make these knives. It's like they are afraid to have 25 of them sit around for sale for a year.

I'm on the Spyderco Forums and I've asked repeatedly for a Custom Shop, where people over a six month time period could order a knife with special steels. For the most part, nobody wants to chat with me when I bring that subject up. IT'S ALL A SCAM to inflate prices of objects and a complete line-up that are not intrinsically valuable. They have 3,000 people interested in every special product so they make 500 and keep you pissed off and raving mad to get one.

I completely understand.

What I cannot fathom a reason for is ZT, Spyderco, Buck, etc., not making enough sprints / factory customs, when they do make these knives. It's like they are afraid to have 25 of them sit around for sale for a year.

I'm on the Spyderco Forums and I've asked repeatedly for a Custom Shop, where people over a six month time period could order a knife with special steels. For the most part, nobody wants to chat with me when I bring that subject up. IT'S ALL A SCAM to inflate prices of objects and a complete line-up that are not intrinsically valuable. They have 3,000 people interested in every special product so they make 500 and keep you pissed off and raving mad to get one.

Well Spyderco does offer the widest variety of steels when it comes to a production company, especially with the Mule Team. I agree though that it would be really awesome if they had a custom shop like Buck and Benchmade. Maybe with a few models (Maybe Military, Paramilitary 2, Manix 2 and Native to cover all the locks), and for options I could see:
- Steel Choices (S30, S110, M390 and maybe a fourth choice) + DLC or Non DLC
- Color of G10/Scales and Material (Maybe CF, G10 and a third option)
- Liners in DLC or Non DLC (Same with Screws/Hardware)
Something like that. Where there are plenty of options/combinations possible, but it's still reasonable for them to keep premade parts in stock. I think it'd work for them. But given the way the (knife) industry seems to work I don't see it happening.
The same with CRK arguing "We don't add new models because the models we have are backordered and we can't keep up with production" which seems idiotic to me. If you have a product that sells like hotcakes you expand slowly. At least that#s what seems logical to me.

Well Spyderco does offer the widest variety of steels when it comes to a production company, especially with the Mule Team. I agree though that it would be really awesome if they had a custom shop like Buck and Benchmade. Maybe with a few models (Maybe Military, Paramilitary 2, Manix 2 and Native to cover all the locks), and for options I could see:
- Steel Choices (S30, S110, M390 and maybe a fourth choice) + DLC or Non DLC
- Color of G10/Scales and Material (Maybe CF, G10 and a third option)
- Liners in DLC or Non DLC (Same with Screws/Hardware)
Something like that. Where there are plenty of options/combinations possible, but it's still reasonable for them to keep premade parts in stock. I think it'd work for them. But given the way the (knife) industry seems to work I don't see it happening.
The same with CRK arguing "We don't add new models because the models we have are backordered and we can't keep up with production" which seems idiotic to me. If you have a product that sells like hotcakes you expand slowly. At least that#s what seems logical to me.

I agree 100%!!!

Yes, Spyderco has the ability to offer a Custom Shop with no problem on the high end and they damn well should. They are dragging their feet. Either expand manufacturing or roll out a Custom Shop. There is no excuse for thousands of orders to go unfilled at Spyderco and they do it yearly.

CRK is full of it. EXPAND ALREADY. Everyone is looking to them and they keep churning out S35VN like it's some kind of metal from the God's. CRK needs to step up to 20CV/M390/204P on their folders. Anyone using a folder for a pry bar is an idiot anyway so they would snap an S35VN variant too.

Is there a deep carry clip available for the 0470?

Have you seen the clips Adam Purvis (the Primordial designer) does for the 0470? Hooooolllyyyy Mooooleeeyyy. His IG pictures make me want to buy a 0470 just to get one. That lock side completely transforms with his clip on it. It’s ridiculous.

Back