ZT 2018 LINEUP

I use my knives as fine tools and I like them to look that way. The shape and specs of the 0470 appeals to me, just not on board with this whole decorative marbled CF inlay fad that's been popping up recently. Not a fan of pocket jewelry and this marbled decoration leans that way in my eyes. It's not too bad, but I prefer if ZT ditch the inlay all together. However, since it's going to have it, I much prefer the aesthetics of it on both sides for the sake of design continuity. And since I'm wishing, I wish the Ti handles were black because IMO the marble CF looks so much better against black...like this (but with satin blade).
ZT0470 Black Out.jpeg copy.jpeg

I use my knives as fine tools and I like them to look that way. The shape and specs of the 0470 appeals to me, just not on board with this whole decorative marbled CF inlay fad that's been popping up recently. Not a fan of pocket jewelry and this marbled decoration leans that way in my eyes. It's not too bad, but I prefer if ZT ditch the inlay all together. However, since it's going to have it, I much prefer the aesthetics of it on both sides for the sake of design continuity. And since I'm wishing, I wish the Ti handles were black because IMO the marble CF looks so much better against black...like this (but with satin blade).
View attachment 920641

That's another nice take. I'd make the screws DLC black as well.

Also, like b00n had in an earlier post the same marbled CF inlay on both sides.

Showoff :p;)
I like it. :thumbsup:

Sorry I need to clarify that the blackout 0470 isn't mine. I believe it's a photoshopped image posted by another like minded ZT admirer. We can all hold hands and dream together:p

Perhaps b00n will do us a favor and photoshop the 0470 in full black DLC (including pivots/screws) with marbled CF on both sides! :)

Perhaps b00n will do us a favor and photoshop the 0470 in full black DLC (including pivots/screws) with marbled CF on both sides! :)

drvk4s1.jpg

Was easy enough to do it with that picture. The other side would look basically the same.

ZT always releases their new knives at Shot Show. I am sure as soon as that comes up there will be plenty of info about what is coming. I have heard rumors that 2018 will have the most knives of any ZT release to date. That will give some of you guys more fun stuff to argue about:D

I always look forward to seeing what you have.
I have one of your 0562 cf 204p with sunrise anodized and love it. I was wandering, I'm not too far from Statesville, do have an open shop? If ever by,would it be okay to look in person?

Gotta say, I am very happy with my ZT's.
Not only are they built extremely well, the ergos and flipping action are 2nd 2 none for production blades imo. Also, they flat cut too.
Just really,really, wish I could have gotten the 0392 brown and gold. Of course, many prolly wish the same.

I think of the 0562 as the staple ZT. It’s one of those knives that simply feels right in every way. I’ve got a fair selection of knives, and the 0562 is still my pick to answer “if you could have only one” questions.
You know, it seems odd but that knife for me is the 0220 since they made the backspacer black. I thought the orange was hideous, but in black....perfect size, great action, great blade shape, great slicer, great ergos. Total winner.

You know, it seems odd but that knife for me is the 0220 since they made the backspacer black. I thought the orange was hideous, but in black....perfect size, great action, great blade shape, great slicer, great ergos. Total winner.

Nah. I get that. With some knives, aesthetics can connect or miss with us enough to change our experience with it completely. The 0220 is a knife I love everything about, except that plunge grind. For some reason, I can’t rationalize it with the handle. I’ve never had that particular problem with a knife before. Not sure why it leaps out at me with the 0220, but I can’t get past it.

Man, I really wish ZT would do an XM24 WC special edition. 4" WC would be awesome...

Back