ZT 2018 LINEUP

So unless they drop something tomorrow it seems that the 470 is the only knife they dropped at Blade. :(:thumbsdown: (Stassa23 has a video of the KAI booth on YT)

Reactions: Mo2
Video of the 0470 and some Kershaws at blade show.

Gotta get that 0470 just looks so good.

If they had bothered to put CF on both sides with a subframelock or liner lock I would seriously consider it. But with some CF on one side and bland lockside its an easy pass.
I'm kind of the same way. Why no inlay on the lock side? Seems like the knife is unfinished.

So...yeah, THIS:
m4gPjLw.jpg

Doesn't look better than a "blah" plain Ti Side? Come on...

Maybe @Frunkey or @austonh could put it up on Instagram and tag ZT, maybe it gets some exposure and they consider the change, it was slated for 4th quarter, so there is some time. I just feel like that it looks like a more cohesive design.
Schrug.gif

So...yeah, THIS:
m4gPjLw.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Would be great but the price would be higher as well maybe around $280. Personally I'd pay $280 for this one than $240 for the original.

sounds like I'm in the minority here...i actually like it as is. as someone who carries frame locks almost all the time, I'm very used to the show side/lock side look. I can see the appeal to the slim lockside insert though, kinda like an inlaid sebenza.

sounds like I'm in the minority here...i actually like it as is. as someone who carries frame locks almost all the time, I'm very used to the show side/lock side look. I can see the appeal to the slim lockside insert though, kinda like an inlaid sebenza.

To me, it's not so much that it needs the inlay for inlay sake, but more for a cohesive and uniform overall look. Take the Sebenza as you mentioned, the inlay version has inlay on both sides, which looks really good. The plain jane looks okay too, because again both sides are identical. I just think mirrored sides make it more appealing, especially if you want to market a knife ambidextrous, since lefties probably appreciate some fancy inlay on "their" side :D

thats disappointing! did you contact them? I'm sure they will stand behind it. irritating of course, but I've had quite a few over the years and have yet to see anything shoddy. every company makes some mistakes, i can forgive a rare QC miss if they hop to it to fix it.

I'm curious what blade show will bring this weekend. Don't break my heart again ZT
Sent it back to them last Sat, we’ll see what they say. Nothing like really looking forward to something and being that disappointed. Hopefully they’ll stand behind it.

So...yeah, THIS:
m4gPjLw.jpg

Much better looking and worth the extra $20-$40.

The same should have been done with ZT 0450FCZDP, that is, frag pattern on both sides.

I love that the 0470 has .12” blade stock. The same stock thickness of the 0609 was the first thing about it that drew my interest. I do a LOT of cardboard cutting at work, and I prefer the .12” over their common .16”.

Back