ZT 2018 LINEUP

That's nice looking but it's a bit small hopefully they do and 0472 and give it a bit more blade
That wouldn't surprise me, it's the next natural sequence of his designs… 450 to 452, 460 to 462, 470..... I actually dig 3.4 as a blade length. It's a little small, but plenty capable

Good knife, boring release to me.
G01Ye_s-200x150.gif

Definitely a step in the right direction IMO. Back to simpler designs with a little flare. But that pivot looks straight off a $30 Kershaw o_O

I like it, but no deep carry clip so not gonna buy it.

The screw pattern looks like the generic vertical screw arrangement ZT uses, which means you can get a deep carry clip from ZT if you ask for it.

Edit: wow, none of ZT's current lineup comes with a deep carry clip with the vertical screw arrangement. The clip from the 0550/0560 is the one I'm sure will fit.

The ZT 0470 does nothing for me, will not purchase. zt continues its streak of being a dissapointment for me over the past few years.

The ZT 0470 does nothing for me, will not purchase. zt continues its streak of being a dissapointment for me over the past few years.

I know everyone has different preferences, but for me the 0609 was an amazing new production knife: ergos, blade shape, aesthetics, slicing capability, ease of carrying.
It just hit so well on many, many levels.

Looks like a less polished Reate K1...minus the harpoon blade shape? The 0470 is smaller than the K1 though...
The clip looks like they took it off a $30 Kershaw.
Reate-K-1-marbled-cf-ti-hand-satin-BHQ-74964-er-large.jpg

Last edited:
I’m gonna have to jump on the wagon. My first thought when I saw it was KERSHAW!

Nothing wrong with Keyshawn if that is your thing, but I am so over their whole aesthetic.

I’ll pass.

I know everyone has different preferences, but for me the 0609 was an amazing new production knife: ergos, blade shape, aesthetics, slicing capability, ease of carrying.
It just hit so well on many, many levels.
I agree on the 0609. I wonder how the new 0470 will compare.

It seems to me the 0470 is a direct competitor to the 0609 (size, weight, etc.). I think it’s interesting they’re being released the same year.

I’ll hold judgement until I can check it out in person. The aesthetics don’t blow me away, but I do like how the handle and spine form a straight line with a unique swedge and relatively short drop to the point. It *might* be one of those designs that really comes alive in hand. Regardless, I like seeing a portion of ZT’s lineup that is lighter and has a thinner blade stock.

And yes, definitely some similarities to the other blades posted above.

Back