ZT kills off 4 models

New to me! Man, I'm tempted to snap up an 0630. That and the 0900 really surprise me, as I guess I had the impression they were quite well liked.

Damn, I'll need to get my hands on the 0900. I own and love the other three. I'm surprised they've decided to stop making the 0804cf, I think it's one of their best.

Reactions: Mo2
I agree with the sentiment that the 0900 is fantastic--there's been one in my pocket all day. I'm quite surprised it had such a short run (2 years?). I'll be keeping my eyes open for closeouts and maybe pick up another for gifting, or whatever.

I guess I should say the same for the 0804cf....It's always impressed me, though I'm not a fan of coated blades. I wonder how it sold, as it was pretty pricey, IIRC.

I hope they decide to make a new sub 3" knife.
Agree! Even more, I with they would update the 0900--just like the current one but with a slightly smaller flipper tab, internal milling, and half an ounce of weight loss. (I'm drooling again!)

They did a refresh of the 0801... so maybe!

Last edited:
If the 0900 was thinner and lighter I would have kept mine. But it felt like a stubby little brick in the pocket. For real... my Spyderco Military felt smaller in the pocket. Its a shame too because I really wanted to like that that knife and Just couldnt

I'll cross my fingers for the introduction of a ZT Emerson with a blade 3.5" or less, but if they do introduce a new ZTE I suspect they'll go in the other direction.

Darn, the 804 and 900 were both models that, while I wasn't lovestruck by them, I definitely wanted to try them out eventually. Here's to hoping I can get my hands on them in years to come.

Maybe because they do not sell well?

0900 as the shortest ZT looks too fat to me. 0909 and 0630 are among the heaviest ZTs. 0804 looks good but the DLC coating and the retail price are likely what drive at least some folks away.

That being said, if the discounted prices are good, I may pick up a 0804 and a 0630cf, though I sense ZT will perhaps release a new version of 0804.

I really like the 804, here's hoping I can find one for a good price. I hope they make a version with g10

Back