Pre Order A dozen sheaths for CPK UF2

Last edited:
I’ll take one please. Right hand, natural leather (Non-dyed). Thanks! …and thanks for all the information down the line!

and now all the pieces are cut
HucUVfF.jpg

hey, quick question to all ya'll- does it matter to you whether or not your sheath is serialized?

I'm about to start gluing things together, and if the sheaths are to be numbered they'll be numbered inside the throat of the sheath. I don't want to put anything like this on the outside of your sheath, and once they're glued up it will be difficult to mark the inside.

Please let me know either way thanks!

hey, quick question to all ya'll- does it matter to you whether or not your sheath is serialized?

I'm about to start gluing things together, and if the sheaths are to be numbered they'll be numbered inside the throat of the sheath. I don't want to put anything like this on the outside of your sheath, and once they're glued up it will be difficult to mark the inside.

Please let me know either way thanks!

That's an interesting concept. Seems like it might create a bit of a headache for you to track such things if you plan on making more of the same sheath some time down the road.

I think it might make more sense for you to serialize your leather to match up with your custom knives rather than batches of after market sheaths for other knives.

Maker's choice, so far as I'm concerned. I don't think I've ever seen a serialized sheath, and I certainly don't object.

tonight was the moment of truth. Once that glue's set, there's no going back. This is the most stressful part of the process, cause if it's wrong on #1, it'll be wrong on all of em. But things lined up as expected...thankfully

hello people; in the pursuit of transparency, I thought I should let everyone who's committed to purchasing one of these sheaths know that I've been asked to take prepayment for one, and that I obliged.

My preference is to wait until this run of sheaths is complete before accepting payment. However, I did accept payment for one and that means everyone else should be extended the same option. So, if for some reason you want to pay in advance, let me know and we'll set things up for you.

All that said, the riskiest parts of this run are behind me, namely the assembly of all the pieces. While I still have some drilling to do, the first two went perfectly. I've also made enough sheaths in this run to cover any catastrophic failures. The rest of the sheaths will be drilled today, and hand stitching will begin this evening. If everything goes well, this run will be ready to ship before the new year.

Cheers!

so now that I've started sewing these things up, I'm starting to think about the next model. It'll still be some time before I do another run like this, but the creative process takes time and isn't worth rushing. That process will begin in earnest once these sheaths are done, and actualizing it will be several months from then.

I'm going to switch gears back to knife making. I have four that are 99% finished that just need edges really, a couple cosmetic touch ups. Then there's another small one that's about 70% done, two Raymond Richard blades I'm putting handles on, the BBQ Cowboy, a Rambo knife and a chute knife type thing. Oh, and a ridiculous kind of folder. After that, I'll run another batch of sheaths.

I'm thinking that EDC is the wise choice, but the new DEK2 is where my heart is at the moment. Maybe I'll do them both at once. We'll see.

anyway I'm rambling, so I'ma sign off and go make supper for my peeps!

so now that I've started sewing these things up, I'm starting to think about the next model. It'll still be some time before I do another run like this, but the creative process takes time and isn't worth rushing. That process will begin in earnest once these sheaths are done, and actualizing it will be several months from then.

I'm going to switch gears back to knife making. I have four that are 99% finished that just need edges really, a couple cosmetic touch ups. Then there's another small one that's about 70% done, two Raymond Richard blades I'm putting handles on, the BBQ Cowboy, a Rambo knife and a chute knife type thing. Oh, and a ridiculous kind of folder. After that, I'll run another batch of sheaths.

I'm thinking that EDC is the wise choice, but the new DEK2 is where my heart is at the moment. Maybe I'll do them both at once. We'll see.

anyway I'm rambling, so I'ma sign off and go make supper for my peeps!

Stoked to see the Rambo knife, as well as the folding knife!

Stoked to see the Rambo knife, as well as the folding knife!
I probably shouldn't call it a Rambo knife, since I'll probably get sued. At this point, though...Rambo is way more relatable to me than Jim Bowie. I think if we all simultaneously agreed to call Bowie knives Rambo knives, we could beat the system!

stitching is a time consuming step! But pretty relaxing compared to the other phases, and every time I do this my calluses come back a little quicker than the last time
wVCjbvx.jpg

I hope tinfoil hat timmy tinfoil hat timmy is checking out this thread- this is as much of a sheath WiP thread you'll get from me!

I'm halfway through sewing these bastards up. Timed #7 just now and it took slightly over an hour- that's straight up sewing without a break. Not only would it take FAR less prep time, but sewing up a sheath like this might take up to twenty minutes using a good machine.

Thing about using a machine, other than I don't have one, is that there is no machine that I know of that does a saddle stitch. This type of stitching isn't invincible but it's pretty close. Each stitch doesn't rely on the opposing stitch for support, machines kind of tie the stitch from one side of the sheath to the stitch on the other side. Saddle stitch goes from one side clear through to the other. This also means repairs are easier if a stitch is cut. The other thing is that by laying everything out precisely from the inside of the sheath to the outside is that I can rely dial in the fit. With a machine, you're kind of flying blind inside the sheath, obviously with experience you can get things really close but not to the same level of fine details that can be done the way I do it. This isnt' to say that machine stitched sheaths are bad, but hand stitched sheaths are better. You guys are definitely getting your money's worth with these sheaths- with proper care they could easily last long enough to be passed down to your kids and then some.

Back