Gas station, liquor store, smoke shop knives

Any time I head to the States, one of my main goals is buying a Gas Station Knife. :)

Well, my brother got me this one:

TKqL87S.jpg

rFhspIm.jpg

BF7fEZ4.jpg

Assisted opening Zombie Killer karambit with blue skull camo...glorious. :D

This was on the way to Chicago:

zkWb7PH.jpg

KLsyfLG.jpg

Got the Case Trapper, with terribly rounded tip:

ZEsE1Gg.jpg

2Q4LN43.jpg

NghsiZd.jpg

Had to put new tip on it myself:

uxHfhHb.jpg

Any time I head to the States, one of my main goals is buying a Gas Station Knife. :)

Well, my brother got me this one:

TKqL87S.jpg

rFhspIm.jpg

BF7fEZ4.jpg

Assisted opening Zombie Killer karambit with blue skull camo...glorious. :D

This was on the way to Chicago:

zkWb7PH.jpg

KLsyfLG.jpg

Got the Case Trapper, with terribly rounded tip:

ZEsE1Gg.jpg

2Q4LN43.jpg

NghsiZd.jpg

Had to put new tip on it myself:

uxHfhHb.jpg
Where do you buy your gas ? 🤔

Where do you buy your gas ? 🤔
I forget the name of the place...just threw out the receipt last week. :(
I want to say...Sonic?
But I think that is wrong. Pretty sure it started with an "S" though.

But I could be wrong.

I'm from Massachusetts 🫣 It's ok I know you feel sad for me lol ~ I have never seen a knife vending display like that ~ Awesome
I'm from Canada.
We also have an extreme lack of displays like that, hence my enthusiasm for tracking them down on Stateside trips. :)

Here's another one, with filter effects to compensate for horrid lighting:

d9MjESJ.jpg

Ended up giving it to my dad, if I recall correctly.
Figured he could enjoy the silly stabby goodness of a gas station dagger too. :thumbsup:

Had a truly crappy, flimsy sheath.
The knife wasn't nearly as bad as the sheath.

I'm from Canada.
We also have an extreme lack of displays like that, hence my enthusiasm for tracking them down on Stateside trips. :)
Have you had any luck ? we certainly have some states that are way more open to that kind of vending

Have you had any luck ? we certainly have some states that are way more open to that kind of vending
Michigan had some okay things, and I think there was something alright in Indiana. I think there was something decent near the Michigan/Indiana border, if I recall correctly.

I don’t usually encounter knives at gas stations, but I do recall seeing them at truck stops regularly when I used to drive cross country a few times a year. Most seemed mall ninja grade so I figured I’d stick with the BM 940 that was always in my pocket at the time.

The thieves at the smoke shops here charge case sodbuster prices for their "gems"
Actually yes, there was a smoke shop in downtown Windsor with knives.
Like you said, big, big prices for cheap, cheap crap. Did not buy any.

And somehow smoke shop knives just don't have the same glory to them as a genuine gas station knife.
There is something truly neat about a genuine gas station knife. :)

This is just a picture from online, but I used this knife for quite some time. And I mean like a few years. It never held an edge, but I kept it sharp with my minimal sharpening skills. That thing got abused during yard work and somehow nothing ever broke on it. I’ve actually still got it. Looks just like this one but with a couple years worth of wear on it. This wasn’t my first knife, but I can honestly say it was a gateway knife to my collection now. I actually tore the whole thing down, cleaned it, and sharpened it one last time before retiring it

Back