Gas station, liquor store, smoke shop knives

I'm from Massachusetts šŸ«£ It's ok I know you feel sad for me lol ~ I have never seen a knife vending display like that ~ Awesome
Another ā€œMassholeā€ here šŸ˜ƒ I lived in Plymouth for years and loved it. Iā€™m originally from Boston but Iā€™d take Plymouth any day. No knives at gas stations here on the Cape that Iā€™ve seen.

I have a Trapper with a clip pointed and a spey blade, named "Venon" Ireland, Stainless". It has a eschueon "Venon" on the saw cut plastic (?) scales. On the clip point blade is "Ross Point Truck Repair" "Post Falls, ID, 1-877-779-1671" According to Google, they are still in business. John

Are you ready?
Think you might not be...

With the blade all the way in the sheath, the snaps won't close! :thumbsup:
ROwip1j.jpeg

And...here, we, go!!!

Sx68x35.jpeg

oFd7DBw.jpeg

Ready for Zombies:

NbFDeW8.jpeg

"HANDFORGED IN CHINA" :D

uhHAjWN.jpeg

The lowest grade steel that still kind of counts as a knife:

Zsv9UXt.jpeg

SO many skulls:

J1INPvy.jpeg

The serrations are dull, won't cut anything, and are all entirely coated in paint:

thPkJF2.jpeg

Did I mention skulls? They are staring at you, judging you for buying (or not buying) this knife:

RTUr5DR.jpeg

Peak gas station blade shape coming at you:

ajlecp5.jpeg
šŸŽ¶Oh no
Oh no
Oh
No no no no!šŸŽ¶

Last edited:
Not literally, but I have a $5 ebay knife that I used almost daily for 9 years to cut baling twine before it needed sharpening.
Ebay, Gas Station, Vegas. There's always an exception to the rule when gambling.

Though, as Bob implied, buying Sushi from a Gas Station is certainly a šŸ’© investment...

Ebay, Gas Station, Vegas. There's always an exception to the rule when gambling.

Though, as Bob implied, buying Sushi from a Gas Station is certainly a šŸ’© investment...
Sheetz actually used to sell sushi. I got it when they sold it. But does sheetz count as "nice" enough to not get sick?

Not many gas stations around me sell knives anymore

In middle school, we would go to the "pipe and knife store" as we called it, a curio shop in the mall, and buy pipes and knives. We were very enamoured with the old Indian man, Sunny, for selling these to us.

They had a lot of the usual fare. Even back then I had a sense of style to me, and chose a symmetrical, dagger-style blade, flipper on some pretty, but faux, wood. It doesn't look too bad actually, but for some symmetrical holes drilled in the blade and handle, and half serrations. The classiest piece in the smoke shop, that's for sure. Did not carry it a ton but it was my knife from like 2012-2019.

I carried it up on a forest trip with my woman in like 2020? and came across a noose concealed behind a tree that I decided should come down. I did cut through it, but it was me thinking about how more efficient my knife could be that led me down this path - Opinel, K55, Leatherman, later Spyderco and Cold Steel... Still have that knife though and will always. Will post a pic.

Another ā€œMassholeā€ here šŸ˜ƒ I lived in Plymouth for years and loved it. Iā€™m originally from Boston but Iā€™d take Plymouth any day. No knives at gas stations here on the Cape that Iā€™ve seen.
Grew up in Southie been down here for 31 yrs Never looked back ~ I have seen a small collection of some China knives at Cape Cod Harley Davidson but that's about it, I am so happy our state looks after us so well, you could get a nasty cut with a sharp knife and those AR15 rifles well ! They just look way to dangerous and are really scary in the movies
:)

Do you mean the EBay ones that have that "rare, and high quality" Chinese D2 steel?
Those certainly qualify, but some years ago we used to talk about the jarbenza knives that could often be found at your higher end gas stations, truck stops and souvenir stands. That is, vast quantities of plastic handled 420j2 stainless wonders, often purchased wholesale and dispensed from large plastic jars.

Grew up in Southie been down here for 31 yrs Never looked back ~ I have seen a small collection of some China knives at Cape Cod Harley Davidson but that's about it, I am so happy our state looks after us so well, you could get a nasty cut with a sharp knife and those AR15 rifles well ! They just look way to dangerous and are really scary in the movies
:)
Saw a video some years back from some "knows better" with bright ideas type, talking about the dangers of ... "assault rifle 15s"

*cricket chirping*

Back