Knives in 2024..?!

Is anyone still buying knives this year? I'm dying to know this year's pocket knife sales figures compared to the last couple.
I scroll through "New Arrivals" on a few distributors pages everyday just to see what's what and always end up see something new that looks really interesting or something I'd like to own, but I just can't see myself paying the money they're charging for knives right now. The new WE Nitro OG is $315!!!!!! Benchmade's new little plastic water knife is $230! The Para 3 is $200...... That's just crazy to me. I've been collecting for years and years, and prices always go up. I get that. But this year it's really irritating me. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of or something. IDK. I but I can't seem to click that "Add to Cart" no matter how much I feel like I want it.
Lots of companies are catering to collectors and know they will pay the collectors prices. Keep the knives weird enough and cycle them out with different designs, and colors that become harder to find, they'll keep buying. If you want a good user, I may suggest opinel or swiss army

I've slowed for a few reasons. Mainly, the knives I'm interested in are very expensive. Also, the latest"popular" knives have one of the three no-no's for me:

Titanium
Thumbstuds
Made in China

The market is flooded with these, no thanks.

Most of the knives I purchased in the last few years are over $400,

Next on my list is an iMamba with bone or tusk inlay. Also considering a CF Shiro or Holt.

After taking 2023 off, I've already purchased 14 knives in 2024 -- 12 of which were vintage &/or discontinued models.

The average price for these knives was about $350 each & range in cost from around $200 to $1000.

Historically, the cost of the knives in my collection has averaged about $250 and ranged from $50-$500. I only raised my purchase price limit for a knife to $1000 this year.

There is only 1 other knife that I currently want to buy but I haven't purchase it yet because its cost exceeds $1000.

I have the $ & am still thinking about it but, if I buy it, it will be the last knife that I buy in 2024.

Last edited:
Everything is more expensive. I don’t like it but such is life. I just renewed my BF gold membership and was happy that hasn’t gone up in price. So far this year , I bought 2 Reates , 3 Civivi’s , a Spyderco with an Inkosi on the way. All brand new from dealers. That should tide me over until summer.

I've slowed for a few reasons. Mainly, the knives I'm interested in are very expensive. Also, the latest"popular" knives have one of the three no-no's for me:

Titanium
Thumbstuds
Made in China

The market is flooded with these, no thanks.

Most of the knives I purchased in the last few years are over $400,

Next on my list is an iMamba with bone or tusk inlay. Also considering a CF Shiro or Holt.
iMamba with mammoth tooth is gorgeous!

Although I bought quite a few knives in 2023, i can’t think of anything I have bought this year, except a Bidor parang and a few Opinels. I have a couple fairly expensive knives on order, but I think those were both placed last year. I am not looking to buy anything right now.

Although I bought quite a few knives in 2023, i can’t think of anything I have bought this year, except a Bidor parang and a few Opinels. I have a couple fairly expensive knives on order, but I think those were both placed last year. I am not looking to buy anything right now.
Yea, I have picked up a couple odds and ends, but I have a Farid on order that I am eagerly looking forward too!

My partner yesterday made me sign a little contract that i would not buy any more knives or unnecessary gear for the remainder of 2024 nor would i in any way try to bargain or avoid this deal…

Which was totally reasonable of her, I appreciate her concern and help

Because I’m a complete uncontrollable obsessive menace with money and knives, 2 knife art sebenzas in last 2 weeks, etc

My partner yesterday made me sign a little contract that i would not buy any more knives or unnecessary gear for the remainder of 2024 nor would i in any way try to bargain or avoid this deal…

Because I’m a complete uncontrollable obsessive menace with money and knives
Quite the share

Because I’m a complete uncontrollable obsessive menace with money and knives, 2 knife art sebenzas in last 2 weeks, etc
And that's why I keep some of my finances separated from my wife 😁 I give her x amount each check and she doesn't care what I do with Y

And that's why I keep some of my finances separated from my wife 😁 I give her x amount each check and she doesn't care what I do with Y

Hahaha yes, but ive realised i kinda have a problem (I’ve realised it many times!) i want to stop buying $400 knives that I open the post box then just throw in the cupboard

iMamba with mammoth tooth is gorgeous!
The iMamba is a bit of a compromise for me. I really like the look despite the titanium and the heavier weight to blade length ratio. Crsp, I may just order one...I can always sell it...

The iMamba is a bit of a compromise for me. I really like the look despite the titanium and the heavier weight to blade length ratio. Crsp, I may just order one...I can always sell it...
Sell the mammoth tooth to me if you don't like it!

Prices have gone absurdly high in the past 3-5 years, I have moved my spending largely to other hobbies (firearms, ammunition, fishing gear, etc).

That's ironic because I switched to collecting knives 5 yrs ago when the cost & legal bullsh*t involved in buying & selling firearms & ammo got too expensive & ridiculously bureaucratic in my state.🤷

Last edited:
Back