Knives in 2024..?!

I totally get the high price thing. I'm mainly going to have fun searching classifieds, yard sales,store sales etc. I've been blessed with about everything I've ever wanted and definitely have everything I'd need to survive apocalypse so bargains is my key word his year.

I just remember what seems like just a few years ago buying a Benchmade Griptillian brand new in 154CM for like $85 and thinking it was expensive. Now the same knife has a suggested retail of $160, street price $145. Granted they have upgraded the steel to S30v, and I get it about inflation and all, but I still say if they could sell the same knife with a 440A or 420HC blade with a decent heat treat and sell them bad boys for about $75-$80, I would be on them like fire ants on a twinkie! But $160 after shipping and taxes for a griptillain? No thanks, I have 3 at home and don't need any more that bad :confused:
In fact, to be honest I think my Benchmade buying days are about over looking at the prices they are charging these days.
I used to work at a place that sold Benchmades, when I got there in 2007/2008 we were selling Griptilians for $59. That was what started me into this whole crazy knife obsession. I had a small knife collection before that, but they were your more of your standard knives that a kid would run into along his way in life. Ever since I got my first Griptilian, and a Kershaw or two (from their heyday), it's been a wrap.

I have been buying less knives lately though. I find that I need to stay away from the used knife market unless I'm interested in buying a particular knife though. I end up running into deals that I have a very hard time saying no to.

I get a new knife for Christmas each year, $150 limit. From my wife or mother. Last year I got a CS SRK-C. Thinking about a White River Backpacker Pro this year.
My money is being spent on firearms and ammo.
View attachment 2569194
Yeah I've already bought two guns this year, but between guns and ammo my main safe is full, plus my pistol safes too. I really want an IWI Masada slim, among other guns but am waiting until I move, which will be no earlier than the fall.

I have to say, to me, the high price $500+ game is getting boring. Finding something interesting that isn't so expensive I won't carry it is getting hard. Everything is titanium. I've decided to keep my Alan Davis and just use it lightly. I might carry it today in fact.

Last edited:
Check out the new Adiras before you leave. I bought one yesterday at a traditional brick and mortar store. It a large folder, about the size of the Adamas, with good ergonomics, nice steel, and very light weight. Be warned though, the cardboard packaging for this knife has left the reservation and is huge. Expect to receive a box that is more than 4x the size of the usual Benchmade folder box.

N2s
Mine will be here Tuesday, what’s the action like?

Is anyone still buying knives this year? I'm dying to know this year's pocket knife sales figures compared to the last couple.
I scroll through "New Arrivals" on a few distributors pages everyday just to see what's what and always end up see something new that looks really interesting or something I'd like to own, but I just can't see myself paying the money they're charging for knives right now. The new WE Nitro OG is $315!!!!!! Benchmade's new little plastic water knife is $230! The Para 3 is $200...... That's just crazy to me. I've been collecting for years and years, and prices always go up. I get that. But this year it's really irritating me. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of or something. IDK. I but I can't seem to click that "Add to Cart" no matter how much I feel like I want it.
This year so far I have bought 3 knives. Spyderco dragonfly tatoo., Spyderco Slysz bowier knifeworks, and Spyderco Native 5 in cruwear and black smooth G10.

My partner yesterday made me sign a little contract that i would not buy any more knives or unnecessary gear for the remainder of 2024 nor would i in any way try to bargain or avoid this deal…

Which was totally reasonable of her, I appreciate her concern and help

Because I’m a complete uncontrollable obsessive menace with money and knives, 2 knife art sebenzas in last 2 weeks, etc
She sounds like a good one. I d do what she wants.

(See how things run in my family!)

I bought 10 new knives since January 2024, mainly folding knives that do not exceed 80€ each. 3 Böker+, 1 Case, 1 Civivi, 1 Alox 2024 ( Victorinox ), + 3 Victorinox , 1 " Le Massu "

I might actually have a brand-new one, around here somewhere. I'll check tomorrow
I just checked and our stores have on stock all Opinels No6 you can possible imagine... classic look, inox, carbon, outdoor models in different colors... you name it.
Now I'm trying to figure it out if I need another knife.

Last edited:
I just checked and our stores have on stock all Opinels No6 you can possible imagine... classic look, inox, carbon, outdoor models in different colors... you name it.
Now I'm trying to figure it out if I need another knife.
Well, should you experience a sudden Opinel-Blight and still want one, let me know. For my gun show table I once bought a dealer's display of assorted Opinels. There are still two No6's on the card.

I probably won't quit the game anytime soon but have downgraded to budget models, prices for custom stuff is nuts nowadays and production stuff is creeping up in price. I kind of miss that phase I had when I was discovering new stuff with each new knife but now that I have kind of settled in on my tastes it gets boring.

Back