MagnaCut Run 2023 (delays carried it over to 2024)

Thank you David and everyone else. I’m sure it was a fluke and a minor one at that. I love the knife and I’m happy to have it. I’m definitely looking forward to getting another one soon.
I’ll try a 20° edge and see how it goes. The overall blade geometry is fantastic.

You're very welcome, and thank you all for the kind words.

Thank you David and everyone else. I’m sure it was a fluke and a minor one at that. I love the knife and I’m happy to have it. I’m definitely looking forward to getting another one soon.
I’ll try a 20° edge and see how it goes. The overall blade geometry is fantastic.
As Doc mentioned, David's edges are near-zero (flatvex), and I would run it on the strop for a few passes first. At least, that's all I've had to do with the knives I have gotten from him.

Friends, I am sure exactly which blades, but I do know that another 22 more of them have shipped and are now in the hands of USPS. I did give Jarod a priority list, and the number of the highest priority bracket (based on the chronology of when you all placed your orders) was 22 blades, so I can only assume that it is those ones that are on the way next. Jarod has also informed me that all the remaining blades from this batch have been heat treated, and, as of yesterday, were in cryo.

Good knives are worth the wait. Gonna be my first piece of Magnacut.

IMG-5807.jpg
Next step is to check PayPal and look at the chronology of when I received deposits on these and figure out the build sequence.

Nice looking bunch there!

I wonder, will you send me a picture of mine when it arrives, with the RC still written onto the blade, before you do anything with it? Thanks!

Back