New Becker Patrol Pack?

I have a few of the BPPs (reg and large). Used them throughout the 90s and still do. This new design is very cool. I borrowed Ethan’s for a bit. I am about 6’3 and the adjustments were fine. Very well made.
I need to mess with mine again. I couldn't get it right, and I'm 6'2". Admittedly, I haven't messed with it enough.

I have a few of the BPPs (reg and large). Used them throughout the 90s and still do. This new design is very cool. I borrowed Ethan’s for a bit. I am about 6’3 and the adjustments were fine. Very well made.
Good to hear from you!
SSS is growing well. How are you and your lovely lady?

I find I can't get mine to adjust to my height. I'm 6'2", and it seems a little short for me.

It does say on the site:

NOTE: We had people from about 5’6” and 150 pounds up to 6’1” and 230ish lbs test the packs for fit and comfort out on hikes and weekend backpacking trips and all reported that, with a bit of adjustment, the packs fit great.

Used to be, hang out at E's house - then he moved to the middle of nowhere in Montana, so you can only reach him 3 months a year - and that's when he travels.

Used to be, hang out at E's house - then he moved to the middle of nowhere in Montana, so you can only reach him 3 months a year - and that's when he travels.
Can you honestly blame him for moving someplace hard to get to, after some of the, um, events that occurred at his last place, cuz directions were known and it was not hard to get to?

Some pics of Mk II Becker Patrol Packs next to medium and large ALICE packs.

BPP in Tiger Stripe - Olive on left; medium ALICE on right.
ixPqfkrl.jpg

Large ALICE on left; BPP on right.
7V0NV7sl.jpg

and

Couple of BPPs and a Bushmaster Belt Rig out & about.
UR5i6rVl.jpg
WzHvzUql.jpg

Comparison of an original Eagle Becker Patrol Pack; Blackhawk Becker Patrol Pack; and the updated, upgraded Bongo Gear Becker Patrol Pack. Only two were approved by Mr. Becker/had his blessing (hint: they're the same color. Blackhawk changed the name to the "Blackhawk Patrol Pack"...which, aside from being an inferior pack quality-wise, demonstrates a bit of a lack of character).
akumiWAl.jpg
D3h4LVgl.jpg
Z0MrJiHl.jpg

Last edited:
I find I can't get mine to adjust to my height. I'm 6'2", and it seems a little short for me.

It does say on the site:

NOTE: We had people from about 5’6” and 150 pounds up to 6’1” and 230ish lbs test the packs for fit and comfort out on hikes and weekend backpacking trips and all reported that, with a bit of adjustment, the packs fit great.
Missed it by THAT MUCH!

Yeah, I'm 285lbs too. Big difference from 230lbs. I should just sell it really.

I haven't been around here as much as I used to be.
No real reason other than actively seeking to reduce my internet presence,
More signal, less noise.

I have beendrifting back here lately, I miss the Becker Group,
Since Youtube, Twiter, and Facebook have basically taken over the world.
This place and the KA-BAR forum seem pretty quiet.

I was always told,
"Be the Change. You Want To See"

So here I am.
I don't do You, Twit, Face,
for more reasons than I care to delve into.
So, I'd really like to see this place grow back to what it once was.

I only get paid once a month.
After May's paycheck was delivered via the Pony Express, I purchased a Bk-19 & BK-19.

June's fun $$$ may get dedicated to a Bongo Gear Becker Patrol Pack.

Like many here, I already have enough packs.
Osprey, Mystery Ranch, Karrimor and a few others.

Also like many here, I have always sought a BPP,
But the stars never aligned.

Medium Alice, her big sister, old school Eagle Airborne pack,
all came and went,but the BPP remained elusive.

I had a shot at a Blackhawk BPP,I just never warmed to Blackhawk as a company.
Although to be fair, my Blachhawk Short Brimmed Boonie has served me well for many years.

So, from now through the end of the month,
research will be done, questions will be asked, and decisions will be made.

LV,

ETA;
I must say, the Tiger Stripe option looks the business!

Last edited:
Back