PLEASE POST YOUR TRADITIONAL GERMAN FIXED BLADES & POCKET KNIVES,

Here's a Bulldog "Saddle Tramp" Stockman.

view
view
view

I have found what appears to be a whole cutlery and stainless silverware set of bone handle Carl Schlieper knives forks and spoons, does anyone have any information for me about these? I’m having a hard time figuring out what the set is worth, thanks
Please Read This:

Must have a gold or higher paid membership to talk about value.

Beautiful stockman, Zach, and it has a very interesting swedge. A cut swedge from the rear forward to the clip, then a drawn swedge to the point. Is that original from the manufacturer, or did you do it?

Beautiful stockman, Zach, and it has a very interesting swedge. A cut swedge from the rear forward to the clip, then a drawn swedge to the point. Is that original from the manufacturer, or did you do it?
Thanks Jeff!
The swedge is from the factory. The spey & sheepsfoot blade have a swedge on them as well. (I'll have to remember to get a better pic of them for y'all) Bulldog made sure to get some good lines put in on this one 👍

Last edited:
Here ya' go black mamba black mamba as promised 😉

Had to go outside to get some better light. Those marks on the blade aren't scratches, it's oil that's still on the blade. Tried to wipe it off with my shirt lol

Spey blade...
View attachment 2532667

Sheeps foot...View attachment 2532668
I've always disliked Bulldogs nail pull pattern. However, I've never noticed that it looks like a dog bite until these pictures... is that the reason and I've just been dumb this whole time? It's not sawtooth... it's dog tooth and I think I like it ;)

Bulldog has always used a pretty aggressive "match-strike" pull, but the one on Zach's stockman is the most pronounced I've seen. Along with the double swedge on the clip, it's a very nice and unusual piece. The pulls on the secondaries follow the curve, making them look more like a dogbite.

MJKO8Dc.jpg

zcaiXAW.jpg

Back