2012 BladeForums Limited Kershaw Skyline PREORDER Thread - S30V, Blue G10 - $90 ea

Status
Not open for further replies.
The update showing the blades pushed me over the edge to get a 2nd one. I think they look great.

Personally, I am just glad to see some progress :)
I might actually be ordering another one of these now. They look SICK with the high flat grind. Hell, i might buy 2 more! No, its not Full Flat Grind, but hey, they are one step closer to being finished! I cant wait for these bad boys! Thanks for the pics Jimmer! Its pretty neat.

Last edited:
It's an unfortunate miscommunication, yes. But for those of you complaining, to put this into perspective, this amounts to less than a 5 degree difference (included) in the primary grind. Give me a break, that's life! :rolleyes:

I'm just glad to see progress on the knives and I'm looking forward to getting mine!!! :thumbup:

jimmer_5, Thanks for the updates again.

I don't know your association with Kershaw (work for them?), but you seem to be in direct contact with the project. Could you possibly confirm if there is still going to be a stonewash finish on the blades?

That's unfortunate but accidents happen in life. Nobody wants them to happen but you just gotta deal with the stress and frustration and keep carrying on! Regardless of who is at fault nobody wanted the accident to happen. So we should just be glad we are getting a special run just for the forums!

As long as its blue I'm happy! :)

And thank you jimmer for the update and putting up with this mess, I'm sure it's stressful and I for one appreciate the update despite the mishaps!

jimmer_5 is one of Kershaw/ZT/Shun/Kai's designers, hence his Mod status on this sub-forum. I think the ZT 0777 is one of his designs.

I don't know your association with Kershaw (work for them?), but you seem to be in direct contact with the project. Could you possibly confirm if there is still going to be a stonewash finish on the blades?

Critikill, I work in R&D for Kershaw. Yes, the finish will still be stonewashed.

Home from work ....three pages , thanks for the update Kershaw folks.
Now Iam thinkin on gettin a third .....LOL

Jeez, talk about drama.

I'm still happy to get this knife. I like the rounded area because it looks more like some of the stock Skyline images floating out there.

31031-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Jeez, talk about drama.

I'm still happy to get this knife. I like the rounded area because it looks more like some of the stock Skyline images floating out there.

31031-DEFAULT-l.jpg

no drama, just a few disappointed folks (which is to be expected).

some people only purchased this because of the supposed FFG.

i purchased two a few months ago and was really looking forward to the full flat but i can live without it.

i'm still anxiously awaiting the BF skyline.

Critikill, I work in R&D for Kershaw. Yes, the finish will still be stonewashed.

Awesome, much appreciated jimmer_5.

Sorry if you guys at Kershaw feel this project is coming back to bite you in the ass. I've been reading Thomas' twitter and he seems pretty riled up. There are people on the forum side pretty riled up too obviously, and are probably attacking you guys on an unfairly personal level. I can't assume to speak for anyone else on the forums, but I think there are a lot of us who still appreciate the fact that you guys would do a custom order for bladeforums at all. So in the middle of getting all this flack, I just personally wanted to extend a thank you to you dudes at Kershaw. I'm sure there's a lot that goes into the production of these knives on a engineering and bureaucratic level that we don't know anything about, and the hard work and updates on the project are all appreciated by I know at least a few of us here. Thanks.

Sorry if you guys at Kershaw feel this project is coming back to bite you in the ass. I've been reading Thomas' twitter and he seems pretty riled up. There are people on the forum side pretty riled up too obviously, and are probably attacking you guys on an unfairly personal level. I can't assume to speak for anyone else on the forums, but I think there are a lot of us who still appreciate the fact that you guys would do a custom order for bladeforums at all. So in the middle of getting all this flack, I just personally wanted to extend a thank you to you dudes at Kershaw. I'm sure there's a lot that goes into the production of these knives on a engineering and bureaucratic level that we don't know anything about, and the hard work and updates on the project are all appreciated by I know at least a few of us here. Thanks.

:thumbup:

Are you *the* Jim that designed the 777 as mentioned earlier, that have so far devoted about 80 hrs of my life trying to get in on some pre-order somewhere? If so :bow:, if not :bow: anyway cos you are R&D for Kershaw! I am personally disappointed because I have several skylines already, FFG was a big differentiation along with the scales (stonewashed finish I already have, scales are great but...), the other being the steel. If it were s90V, ELmax, S110, M390, etc., well that would be one thing, but not even s35 :(. But FFG is by far my fav grind, and a big draw for me, and what I always pick when I have a choice :(. If it was the same grind as the other Skylines that were almost FFG with just a 1/8" flat those were sweet, but cannot find one of those either, will these look like that (pics above), or will they have the standard Skyline grind? From what I can see, they will be the standard Skyline grind, but want to confirm vs. assume. Thatalmost FFG grind would be just as good, if not better, than FFG given I have JUST enough space to clamp in a Wicked Edge, but it looks like it will still perform like FFG mostly... the below is the grind I am talking about that NONE of my skylines have and I cannot find:

Kershaw_BLack_Stone_Washed.jpg

Last edited:

well said. Thanks guys ffg or not this thing is frickin sweet and coming soonish. ( besides my skyline is already my perfect duty edc any more steel removed from that blade would Probably push it right into super light status. That has been a worry of mine since i saw the concept image.

This was never about the blade grind from my perspective. It was all about supporting Blade Forums and having a unique Skyline with special scales and upgraded blade steel. Stone wash, FFG, etc. were secondary or tertiary considerations. And yes, Thomas, Jimmer, and Kevin all deserve a huge thank-you for making this knife possible. For those who are so disappointed with the preview pics of the blade grind that they can't stand this knife, then cancel you orders and stop complaining. The rest of us will have more knives to buy.

I have a huge deal of sympathy for why Thomas left BF. Constant complainers, whiners, and nit-pickers being a prime example of the reasons why he left. What other major knife manufacturing company would take the effort to produce a 500 knife run BF special? Buck, Spyderco, Benchmade?

And yes I know that the annual Traditional Forum knife has an even smaller run. But that seems to be an entirely different market.

no drama, just a few disappointed folks (which is to be expected).

some people only purchased this because of the supposed FFG.

i purchased two a few months ago and was really looking forward to the full flat but i can live without it.

i'm still anxiously awaiting the BF skyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back