4.1 thread

Own a 4.7, like it and its hand-filling grip but also have a 4.1 that'll eventually get to me.

Just from the pics I like the 4.1 for being more able to firmly clasp it with the index finger and thumb. Combining that with the thinner stock, a touch lighter, and ∆ treatment... I'm looking forward to it.

The handle on the 4.7 is great, but I carve primarily using a hammer grip and the 2 inches of blade nearest the handle for 90+ percent of the work. In this configuration, I always found the 4.7 to be a little fatiguing. It's especially pronounced when feathersticking and trying to throw curls to the left by carving tip up. It's better with tip down and my thumb on the spine, but that sends curls only to the right (I'm right handed).

817a045b88614e5796846c5114981c21.jpg

4bf7305104777f423178c96c172c25cd.jpg

The 4.1 has a little narrower handle and for some reason, it seems to be less fatiguing when doing carving tasks.

909784dee5c31631a6eadedac4ac491d.jpg

40298c12aff23b83763999de7dc9a603.jpg
3b62b2ffe6ad86351d09d788bffb2f40.jpg

Time will tell, but for carving tasks, right now I'm pretty high on the 4.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a great, simple comparison. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm getting pretty sick of seeing awaiting fulfillment, wah wah wah my order # is 10367 any body get theirs with a similar number?

Last edited:
sfrigon1, is that a 2nd 4.1 in 3V? If so, I received mine with a slightly lower order number last week.

sfrigon1, is that a 2nd 4.1 in 3V? If so, I received mine with a slightly lower order number last week.

YES , that's good news then . I think I just need to put it out of my mind but it's difficult especially while being on bf

I'm getting pretty sick of seeing awaiting fulfillment, wah wah wah my order # is 10367 any body get theirs with a similar number?

I'm 10346 and haven't received or heard anything on my order for the Factory 2nd 4.1 in 3v. Since Fancier got his I'm hoping we get our shipping notices in the next week. I'll post if and when my shipping notice goes out.

My 4.1 was waiting on the doorstep this evening. I opened it the proper way, with another S!K.

File_000.jpg

File_001.jpg

File_003.jpg

File_005.jpg

Here's the latest family photo with it centered.

File_006.jpg

I'm 10346 and haven't received or heard anything on my order for the Factory 2nd 4.1 in 3v. Since Fancier got his I'm hoping we get our shipping notices in the next week. I'll post if and when my shipping notice goes out.
awesome thx man

I received my F2 4.1 I D3V shipping notice today. I'm looking forward to taking it snow camping next weekend :)

Hey does anyone know why G10 scales aren't an option for F2's?
I reaaaally want a 4.1 but i am so stubborn and want/waiting for G10 to be an option

I think that when ordering a 2nd you are picking up the leftovers from the original handle run.
The handle choices on a Survive 2nd have always been more limited.

Pretty sure the handle selection was limited to what they are now to speed up the whole process a bit. Too many choices and changes of mind on selections may have been an issue as well.
That being said, if you look at the latest Instagram picture from today showing those 4.1s, the first two on the left in the top picture are camo g10 and black g10 on F2cds.
Those were just put in the mail for this guy and that was the last sale date [Oct 17th] that g10 was offered as I remember.

Good information!

To Psybull and others, glad to be hearing about your orders being on their way home :thumbup:

Thanks Psybull, appreciate it :thumbup:
Considering you said some going out were G10, i think ill be further stubborn and wait :D

Back