Adventures in monkeying around with knives

Finished up the first OKC Shikra. Took a few tries to get the overlay color correct to dull the blue without changing the entire look. Thought the clips were Ti too, but alas they are stainless. This one I just tumbled.

DYE4995.jpg

bdypi6f.jpg

73C7SBe.jpg

CMQReZ6.jpg

Second Shikra, polished clip and a single color on the Ti side. I ended up ordering two more, these do make a really good gift for $20.

6o5FITX.jpg

GbBvxdk.jpg

ygWYKeQ.jpg

Finally got some work done on my new acquisitions.

First up is the new Keen Mini. Again, I think the full size finish was a bit nicer and the build all together was just a bit better, but the Mini is still a good knife.

TBWKKwJ.jpg

hrTyVeI.jpg

Eh4Rtuj.jpg

Last one for this weekend. Chavez 229, I think the red G10 is from Rivers Edge but I am not sure. Took the Ti to a lighter bronze color. Still looks a little Ronald McDonald-y so I might redo in a darker shade.

BcQ59WG.jpg

jsSoiY4.jpg

xpPWfT9.jpg

Finished up the Mini Penguin. I think this size ratio isn't awesome, the width versus height is off. Almost square looking. Colors came out good though.

bQwYW60.jpg

xAGlbpm.jpg

af8UoNJ.jpg

Got the Scapegoat colored up. really like the two-tone finish on the pocket clip. I need to get me a full Ti Scapegoat.

FaAZIeA.jpg

gl9OJQ8.jpg

My7LyN9.jpg

Mo57RAQ.jpg

Finally got around to my mini grip, and boy have I forgotten how much I hate working on benchmades. All annoyance all the time. Started life as this:

vFO5W5c.jpg

some work made it look more my style

OA8WPxf.jpg

UOorffF.jpg

KkaGLDh.jpg

Spent sometime working on a couple of Emerson's.

First up is is my CQC-7 flipper. Had this one for awhile now, but finally got around to making all the Ti bits the same color. Really like the custom scale with the liner delete.

tfMFhim.jpg

hVEYoyE.jpg

fP7VvbE.jpg

PsNM2ht.jpg

Just got this A-100 with the Thunderstorm blade. Really like it, but man is it big. I think I need a mini A-100 soon.

Ti parts are from EKI and xxxadrenalinxxx. Scales are from Vantage Point Knife-works. Clip from Lynch NW.

5rLc6m7.jpg

PTuQLTZ.jpg

h5Fk3hn.jpg

pLzEi4Q.jpg

I have some new scales for the June-bug and CQC-17 on order.

I never got any good pictures of my Reate EXO-M. Found a nice two edge model from PVK so I figured I should post this one up. There are actually a lot of colors depending on the way the light hits, but its almost impossible for me to catch in photos.

mLJ5fK5.jpg

KH3M97s.jpg

KN3GWBU.jpg

Mqf9VNo.jpg

Finished up my last Keen. Really like these, probably my favorite for now, especially in the stone washed flavor.

m4D3PEe.jpg

dyYRfLj.jpg

TYLHQvu.jpg

M7ha8PJ.jpg

Did some quick work on the newest EXO-Ms with the Elmax blades. Now I think I need a drop point to at least have all the blade shapes.

At first:

cJkBjNn.jpg

avkmuzp.jpg

The first one I colored had so many steps and colors that I wanted to just go cleaner on this one. Just Purple accents on the hardware, left the rest blasted.

m3m0LJg.jpg

aVjzXjc.jpg

Z8s9c6j.jpg

QxD23ax.jpg

WE Elementum, tried to just do the hardware like the EXO-M but I think I am going to have to do the scales in the future. Just doesn't seem to pop for some reason.

0PxvVwi.jpg

8Ikwg7f.jpg

VQ9WTtA.jpg

Ok you clearly have the hang of this, time to offer your services here!!

Back