Adventures in monkeying around with knives

Did a little knife work this weekend. First up was just some Ti bits for my friend's Blade HQ Ultratech:

dLdkRlM.jpg

Finished up a Frag Patterned QSP Penguin:

0IbCuAi.jpg

MHqRZoY.jpg

OjGN2FN.jpg

I haven't been spending too much time on my knives of late, but I have managed to get some stuff finished up. Here is the Mini A100. I found the G10 scales to be super aggressive, like all Emersons, so I just sanded them down and shined them up. Ti parts from Emerson and xxxadrenalinxxx.

Start:

7Pn4PB2.jpg

yZDOGqO.jpg

TJrXMvH.jpg

End:

mZKjWnF.jpg

FeVT4sO.jpg

TEsI4qy.jpg
That's a beauty!

Did a little highlight work on my Chaves Silver Bullet. Just a quick note to others learning this Ti anodizing stuff, with the orange peel finish on this knife the color per voltage is very different than say a stone washed (color moves down from the voltage used) or blasted finish. If the Ti was blasted at 83V i would expect it to be an electric blue but it went all the way to green which to my setup is more like 88V or higher.

Start:

ObX6Pzy.jpg

Lez5A2v.jpg

ElWBAQH.jpg

Finish:

nWh3R9r.jpeg

gkcC5cd.jpeg

xri3soX.jpeg

Got my Scale for the Emerson CQC-17 from Kahless Custom. I really like the look and feel of burlap micarta. Came out exactly the way I wanted. Kahless Custom scales, Lynch NW Clip, Ti hardware from Emerson and xxxadrenalinxxx:

tQfmOZR.jpeg

oD8yq5c.jpeg

JEyuZwR.jpeg

Got some Richlite scales for my Emerson Yangtze Jack, also from Kahless Custom. I think the ano matches pretty good.

Start:

kpqK8zs.jpg

uohjFjZ.jpg

T4APnHx.jpg

Finish:

5LEPdAD.jpeg

fwGy8XQ.jpeg

JwCTMep.jpeg

Got a couple more done today. Finally got back into Spyderco knives, since I mean I do live in Colorado.

First up is a Para 3 in Maxamet. Like the grey G10 but had to go to CF from Votix EDC. Hardware from RGT with a CF clip from 11Spartans.

Start:

BwIzsLr.jpg

lUnrLIL.jpg

nN7UsM5.jpg

Finish:

URvBuMF.jpeg

hjIlrIz.jpeg

jaeJbX3.jpeg

Last on for today. Just RGT hardware, Napoli Ti clip for a YoJimbo in 20CV with CF scales.

Start:

QvJbRUY.jpg

1SbHCHo.jpg

Sah1YcI.jpg

Finish:

Xpuo0PF.jpg

uuy7HeT.jpg

5ECZ1uw.jpg

Finished up a couple of Spydercos this weekend.

Started with a Sage 5 in Maxamet. Added RGT Micarta scales, RGT Ti Hardware and Ti Clip to replace the stock wire one. I really am not a fan of wire clips.

Start:

cMeeZk0.jpg

kH5B32V.jpg

VBBvT7X.jpg

Finish:

3vxELQk.jpeg

HgEAKr5.jpeg

FGvkjok.jpeg

Second is a Para 3 in 10V (I think this was a REC exclusive). Just did a quick swap on the scales to RGT Red Burlap Micarta. I have Ti Hardware but I haven't come up with a good color to match the scales.

Start:

YE3pJfh.jpg

840Docj.jpg

FFwQ4OG.jpg

Finish:

qOhuV2D.jpeg

CQR2O9L.jpeg

qOhuV2D.jpeg

Back