Anyone else anticipating some NWA goodness?

Nice looking patina on that one! Just from kitchen duty?

The patina is completely (99.9%) the result of Nick's handiwork. I forget the details, but I know it involves cold bluing. Probably some mustard also or some other state-of-the-art finishing technique. I like the look of it and asked Nick to repeat the finish on the drop point.

Probably adds a little protection to the blade too. :cool:

Ah, I think I do remember seeing this one in the maker's for sale area, now that I think about it. Nick's new "rustic finish" or something right? Very nice, I like the look too :thumbup: :)

OK, my custom has arrived. Nick has blown me away yet again. I'll get a couple of pics up soon.

I was gonna post some pics of it before I shipped it. But, I wanted it to be a suprise:D I too am looking forward to the pics:thumbup:

Glad you like it Jack
Nick:)

Be a little while before I can get some field pics, but in the meantime here's a quick comparison shot:

856841892_D8TyV-L.jpg

The top knife is the one Nick made up in response to my request for a 3.5" drop point in A2 with a full-sized handle. The handle is blue/black G-10 and measures out to around 5". It's just a shade shorted than the handle on the Sierra Scout.

Bottom knife is a long bladed Stinger (3") for comparison. I think the G-10 came out really well, it feels great, and I'm stoked about the bigger handle.

Thanks Nick! Another phenomenal knife! (Can we call this model the "Mountaineer"?)

Wow :eek: Nice! I like that one quite a bit! Great call on the full-size palm-swell handle, and that Blue/black G10 is some of the best I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this one, seems like it provides great control :thumbup:.

I received a Raptor today and Nick's work is great and he knows the meaning of sharp.I will put it to work this weekend but I have only a 35mm camera so I can't post any pictures.I will be having a fire building class at the end of August at Amicalola Falls State Park in Georgia so other people can see his craftmanship.
Thanks,
Michael

Nick,

My brother is absolutely loving his new knife (identical to the one shown on top with blue/black scales). I can't get him to shut up about it. He is carrying that thing into the woods daily now, and is absolutely slobbering over deer season. Thanks for a great blade, but that's the last knife I give him. :thumbup:

Re: "Anyone else anticipating some NWA goodness?"...

...I AM, I AM!!!!! I recently hopped onto Mr. Allen's list for a slightly modified Sierra Scout to go with the custom Ruger Blackhawk Mr. Dave Clements is building up for me!!! Both knife and gun will have Manzanita Burl gripstockhandlepanelslabs (I think that covers all the terms for the grippy area part).:D

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I'll post pics when they are both safe here at home!!!

NWA's are SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL KNIVES!!!:thumbup:

Stump

Good stuff guys :)

Rotte, you have one lucky brother :thumbup:

Stump, that is sounding like one slick combo! Looking forward to the pics :D

Looking forward to my first NWA, a 5 inch LEK made with 3/16 O1 and burlap micarta handle. After admiring Nick's work and all the great knives posted here, I'll be very excited to receive this one. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

I'm new to NWA knives and like what I see but I have to be diciplined, I can't have everything I see. I was doing real good until I saw the D2 Cub that Nick sent to the gentleman in Germany and my dicipline went out the window. I just left Nick an email to make one for me - with Desert Ironwood scales. Now the wait begins.

Got notice from Nick that my blade is ready for heat treat....ALREADY!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!

The completion date is gettin' Closer and as always the waitin's getting Worser!!!! No hurry though Nick...these guys can wait....you can't rush quality!!!!;)

If you're on the fence about ordering a knife from Nick...get in line NOW...I have a feeling the line is going to get REAL looooooong Real soon!!!!:thumbup:

Stump

Got notice from Nick that my blade is ready for heat treat....ALREADY!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!

The completion date is gettin' Closer and as always the waitin's getting Worser!!!! No hurry though Nick...these guys can wait....you can't rush quality!!!!;)

If you're on the fence about ordering a knife from Nick...get in line NOW...I have a feeling the line is going to get REAL looooooong Real soon!!!!:thumbup:

Stump

I just finished your knife today and all I can say is WOW! this wood you sent me is awesome:eek:

I'm gonna take some photos tonight and post em up. The Antique finish really came out nice too.

I just finished your knife today and all I can say is WOW! this wood you sent me is awesome:eek:

I'm gonna take some photos tonight and post em up. The Antique finish really came out nice too.

Whooo Hooooo!!!:thumbup:

THANKS NICK!!!!

ps - I just sent ya an e-mail!;)

Back